M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Upgrade to European Headlights...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2003 | 12:51 AM

2002 ML 320
Question Upgrade to European Headlights...

I was wondering if anyone could help me to figure out why my headlights are not working properly. After I installed the european headlights, I started my car and noticed that the daytime running lights would not come on automatically. I would manually have to turn the headlights on. Even then, the side yellow light, which was on normally with my stock headlights,
would not come on. It would only come on when I am using blinking light as the signal for turning.
I plugged in all the wires correctly, and this is happening. Do anyone happen to know why? I own a US made mercedes 2002 ML320. And what could I do to fix this problem? Please help. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2003 | 05:32 PM

Ml 430
Lights

I could be wrong here but I think you may have to have the dealer change your lighting program, give them a call. I know they have to do it for fog lights??
Old 02-13-2003 | 08:45 PM
Almost a Member!

I could be wrong also, but I heard you had to get some new wire harness because the wiring is a little different.
Old 02-14-2003 | 08:57 AM
Almost a Member!

99 Ml 320
Originally posted by Ballinontwins
I could be wrong also, but I heard you had to get some new wire harness because the wiring is a little different.
Thats exactly right...i think. Ive done the install. Ive had my normal 99lights. I installed the upgraded lights but they werent Xenon i bought the halogens that had the new look.
Anyways i had the Benz dealer install them. After they installed them they realised the lights didnt work. They uninstalled them put the old lights back in and returned it to me while still charging me $90.00 for the attempted install.
I found out later that there was supposed to be a set of pigtail adapters given to me in the package that performance products forgot to included. So Performance Products should foot the bill for the goof up at Mercedes. They wont, they say Merc techs "shouldve known, its their fault."
So i brought the new lights in with the pigtail and told them the exact thing. They got mad AT ME. I hate this, two companies mess up and i suffer. Ive never done this kind of install i had no idea you needed pigtail adapters. Freakin theifs....
-Steve
Anyways hope this helps. And if you cant get the pigtail adapters i know someone on ebay sells them all the time, just go to Automotive and do a search for ML lights.