M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Power Steering Fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML 320
Power Steering Fluid

What kind of power steering fluid does a 2000 ML use? I know that some cars use hydraulic fluid so I wasn't sure.

My hose from the pump to the radiator blew off this morning at work and now I have fluid all in the parking lot. Luckily I had the tools and time to reattach this aggravating P.O.S.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Power Steering Fluid

I just had the same problem a couple days ago. A puddle of OIL underneath my ML320, i thought it was the engine oil since the engine oil was around half. So i peaked thru the engine bay and saw the hose looseD! What kind of a CHEAP CLAM this company uses?!! I reateached the clam and re-tightened it. My 2 problems are I hear a garggling sound from inside the car and also I can steer obviously. Another problem is I cant find the cap to where you refill the fluid. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanx guys......
Old 02-17-2003, 11:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
I don't know what year vehicle you have but both you and JJ have to get the new style clamps. There's been a ton of posts about this problem and I hope you change the clamps to the new ones. You'll also have to replace the radiator hose clamps. Ask your service advisor and they may even do this for free given the tremendous volume of complaints received thus far.

JJ, what ever happend with the class action suit? Did MBUSA ever acknowlede that they were at fault here? How about the CAT? Did that, at least get resolved as a emissions problem?