M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML320 built in navigation and phone in radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
ML320 built in navigation and phone in radio

We are new owners of a used ML320 and noticed that it has these features on the central entertainment cluster. Does anyone know how these are activated and also is there a separate manual for the central unit Radio/CD/Cassette/Phone/Navigation system I can obtain, maybe a PDF?
Old 12-05-2009, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
What year ML?? If the nav does not work its not installed. If there is no cradle for the phone in the center arm rest storage unit its not installed. The radio and casette were standard and should work. As for the single CD slot, that should work also. Is there a CD changer in the rt side of the cargo compartment behind an acess door??. My assumption is that you have an ML320 thats gas, not diesel.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:37 PM

W203-4M W163
One of my only real complaints about the ML (and MB in general)--Nav and MP3 should have been standard for at least 5 years now, maybe more. It amazes me to see Fords and others come with Navigation/MP3 standard. MB should have been a leader on this, not lagging behind.

I've found it very annoying to try and get these updated with Benz parts. To try and find the right units is akin to searching for the freaking Holy Grail.

My suggestions would be:

1. Get a Garmin or a TomTom (>$200)
2. Convert to MP3 yourself (>$50)
3. Go Bluetooth for the phone and forget about the MB integration.

If you've got loads of money buried in the yard that you can burn at will, take it to the dealer and have them upgrade it. If not, DIY.

Thus spake FraKathustra
Old 12-06-2009, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by FraKctured
One of my only real complaints about the ML (and MB in general)--Nav and MP3 should have been standard for at least 5 years now, maybe more. It amazes me to see Fords and others come with Navigation/MP3 standard. MB should have been a leader on this, not lagging behind.

I've found it very annoying to try and get these updated with Benz parts. To try and find the right units is akin to searching for the freaking Holy Grail.

My suggestions would be:

1. Get a Garmin or a TomTom (>$200)
2. Convert to MP3 yourself (>$50)
3. Go Bluetooth for the phone and forget about the MB integration.

If you've got loads of money buried in the yard that you can burn at will, take it to the dealer and have them upgrade it. If not, DIY.

Thus spake FraKathustra
The items you mentioned are options and still are. Some may come with packages. This guy was not specific as to the year of his ML and it could date back to 99 or even 98. I do not think that you will find another car of that vintage with that stuff as standard. Even today I do not think it is standard but comes with either a package or a higher trim level. You too are not specific as to your model year. Personally I would rather have a new vehicle with all options ala carte. Not packages where you are forced to take things you do not want to get the stuff you do want. You are being rather fussy for a person that drives an older discontinued vehicle. Buy a new one and you can have pretty much what you want.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:07 AM

W203-4M W163
Originally Posted by sosh
You are being rather fussy... Buy a new one and you can have pretty much what you want.
Yup, I'm very fussy. that's why I drive MB.