M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Ml320,Actuator throttle valve signal1, idle speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320 W163 99
Ml320,Actuator throttle valve signal1, idle speed

Hi
my idle speed is to high, round about 1500 for the warm motor.
ODB-diagnostics delivers no error codes (modul MSM), but when I look onto "live data MSM" the value for "Actuator throttle Valve Signal 1" is somehow very much to high. The value for "Actuator throttle Valve Signal 2" looks okay (I forgot the number, but I think it was about 4V; it increases when I pull down the fuel pedal). So I think the first Actuator is broken or the its connection. But I don't know where it is placed. Could someone add a description, where it is placed?
It will be very good.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:00 AM

ML320 W163 99
All the time I look around (in the internet) but I don't found any hint. I using the carsoft MB 7.4 software with a multiplexer. I didn't fount any hint to an idle speed sensor for the M-Class. Surprising is that there is no error code mentioned from the MSM-Modul, too. It might be that there is only on "Actuator throttle Valve Signal" and that is generated by the Mass Air FLow (MAF) Sensor. In this car the MAF (Bosch) consist on three parts: a semi conductor measuring the temperature of the air, an metal surface, on which the air stream is passed directly and two small wires, which are placed in kind of tube, which is open to the down stream direction and has an inlet at the top of sensor, which leads the air in a s-from to the both wires.
It looks clean, but I'm just trying to clean it with some alcohol and some stripe of paper towels (Bounty) and a brush. I report later on my success.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:33 AM

ML320 W163 99
No success, no change, idle speed is still to high.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:30 PM

ML320 W163 99
I found the error. You will smile if you hear the reason: The throttle cable was to short. Because everything electrical was alright, I thought it must something mechanical. We own this car 1 and a half year, the German TÜV recognizes that the idle speed was to high. We had use not often before the position N. I must stop to let pass a train: I put my foot under the gas pedal and pull it up, the idle speed goes down about 300 rpm. At home it took me 20 seconds to open the engine hood and adjust on a small wheel the length of the throttle cable. There was a position after then the speed didn't goes down further. That was the right position. Oh yes, I bought this diagnostic system because of this problem. But now I start to love this car: I had fixed a new front bumper in 4h (which I got for 320 EUR in painted in car color, my wife had had a small bump after she had worked to much), I changed the breaks (the second side took less than 15 min) and now I could control the complex electronic.

Last edited by kybernetik; 01-31-2010 at 12:34 PM.