M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML 320 - Dash board globes needs changing & setting service meter,can't speedo Nos.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320 - 2000 Model Petrol
ML 320 - Dash board globes needs changing & setting service meter,can't speedo Nos.

Hi There,

I want to change the globes in dash board of ML 320
How to adjust service Indication
The odometer milage electronic display is off how to put it on or it is blown up.

Please reply.
Vj
Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320
If you only get the left hand temp guage and the rh clock showing I'd reckon the lamps have blown in the dash. If all three are gone, I'd check fuse #5 in the drivers kick panel.
If the lamps are gone, you can get (from judicial searching of the net) instructions on how to remove the instrument cluster to get at the bulbs. If it is the lampb blown on the odo display, you will either shell out for a dealer to fix as they are soldered onto the circuit card for the display, or indulge in a little soldering execsise and replace the lamps with new ones (available from Tandy's or Dick Smith) or go the whole hog and replace with LED's. Again search the net to locate the required specs. Search for trip computer light replacement, these are a common fault
Old 03-22-2010, 06:40 PM

ML320 - 2000 Model Petrol
I have seen a thread where they have pictures as to how to open the instrument cluster/dash board, but when I click on the link it takes me to a different log in window. It never use to happen a few years back. I think MB has bolcked most of the access, unless you become a fresh member and pay membership fees. It is so frustrating.

If any one has the instructions as to how open the instrument culuster of ML 320 petrol version please email as ckv77@hotmail.com.
I believe as Sweeper has said the globes are gone, so I need to change a few.

Sweeper do you know how to adjust the service indicator, as i have done oil & filter change on my own, but I cannot overwrite the service warning or adjust the service indication. please reply. Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM

MB 2002 ml320
How to adjust service Indication
it shows 900 and a rench next to it
Old 08-26-2010, 02:44 AM

MB ML320
Do the following steps:
Move start switch to position "2".
Within the first 4 seconds after moving the start switch to position 2, press the reset button for the trip counter twice within one second. The display for the service request is activated for about 10 seconds.
Within these 10 seconds, move the start switch into position "0". The service request continues to be displayed.
Press the reset button for trip counter and keep it pressed.
Move the start switch into position "2".
Continue to hold the reset button for the trip counter pressed until the signal sounds and the new start distance appears in the display (it takes about 10 seconds).

this answer came off from Wikianswers. the reset button for the trip counter is the same button that you press to reset your trip milage counter.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 PM

ML 320
a/c blower motor

Hey all,

Anyone know anything about the a/c blower motor on a 1999 ML320? Mine is very loud in postion 4 -5. Not so bad or normal in position 1 -4. When you go to high the thing sounds like it might fly or start...it's loud by a/c blower motor standards. What you know about this if anything? Is the loud blower motor normal?

Thanks,
Mike