M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Drivers Window Stuck but I can still here motor turning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML 320
Drivers Window Stuck but I can still here motor turning

I have just bought a mercedes ML 320 (1999)

At the time the man told me that the driver window will not go down.

When I press the button - you can here the motor go from A to B (ie the cycle between the window being up and down) and and you pull the the window switch it then goes from B to A.

What could be the problem? I assume the window itself sits in some kind of harness - could it have popped out.

Also I have read about regulators but do not know much about these - but surely if the motor is working then whatever the regulator is should be ok

Please help!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:09 AM

Mercedes ML 320
Further to my last message - i have took try to see how the passenger one works and can see that the arm that attaches to the half semi-circle plate with teeth is free on the drivers side and in one position on the passenger side.

Is there away to glue this or do something that doesnt require buying a new one - and it seems to awkard to get to.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4
Hey....what did you do to fix your window problem?

I have the same issue....I removed the door panel....and can see the motor working as normal....i can see the gear with the teeth moving up and down on command. The problem is that the window is NOT attached to the gear. How did you re-attach your window to the gear? Got any pics to share?

Thanks.

Pete
Old 07-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Mercedes c240
Hi Pete

To be honest I never did fix it - but I know what the issue is.

What you need is a regulator - its looks like this

http://www.fcpgroton.com/images/prod...637201146M.jpg

what happened on mine is one of the axis came loose so the motor no problem its just he frame wasnt moving.

YOu need to buy a new one - ebay have several second hand ones - its better to get a garage to hit - this kind of problem does happen to alot of cars so its nothing special for a repairer to do

All the best
Old 07-05-2010, 04:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4
Originally Posted by hotbaz
Hi Pete

To be honest I never did fix it - but I know what the issue is.

What you need is a regulator - its looks like this

http://www.fcpgroton.com/images/prod...637201146M.jpg

what happened on mine is one of the axis came loose so the motor no problem its just he frame wasnt moving.

YOu need to buy a new one - ebay have several second hand ones - its better to get a garage to hit - this kind of problem does happen to alot of cars so its nothing special for a repairer to do

All the best
hey...thanks for the quick reply.

I don't have any loose axis arms at all...everything is stiff and still attached...I can't understand where the attach point is...still looking around.

Pete