M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Sparkplugs changed on my 00' ML 430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2010 | 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 CLK350 -SOLD! 2010 Cadillac SRX Premium Turbo
Sparkplugs changed on my 00' ML 430

Managed to do it myself by following all the tips on this forum. It is definitely a tight area to work in. The passenger side was straight forward as described after removing the air filter box. The driver's side I removed the wheel and inner fender along with the heat shield. NO CUTS ON THE HANDS! It made it a lot easier working above and below. I see it as a must.

The plug wires were tough to get off and back on. I did notice a couple were very easily removed making me wonder if that may have been a reason for the CEL to come randomly and code misfires by them not being seated properly. The others were on very, very tight. I made sure when I put them back on they were snapped all the way down.

One thing I did notice on the plugs from each cylinder was that the B plugs were much more worn looking in appearance and a little wet with some corrosion.

I have owned it since 10/09. The clock has 126k on it. The plugs had been changed at some point. I took out Bosch FRBDPP33, and replaced with the same only with a + after the 33. Bought the plugs from AutohausAZ for 84.00 total for the 16 plugs. Free shipping.

The ML is running better than it ever has. Hopefully just some general upkeep will provide a couple more years of service.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this forum. If anyone needs more info on the task, ask away. It is my attempt at giving back to this forum.

I am curious to hear some thoughts on the B plugs. Mike