M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Look at it this way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320, ML320, 300TE
Look at it this way

MB's are heavier than 90% of cars in america, yet they have the same brake pad fitment as some of the lighter cars. What happens when you take a brake pad made for a car 1000 lbs lighter and put it on an mb? Overheating, squealing, loss of brake pedal? I own 3 repair shops and an auto body shop, I tell all my customers with MBs there is no chance in hell they are leaving my shops with aftermarket pads.

I will use aftermarket stuff for other things, specifically shocks, bulbs, and stuff made by bosch that you can get outside the dealer. Other than that, anything other than original on an MB, besides rims, tires and that stuff is unacceptable.

What are you going to reccomend next? that we dont use original mb tranny fluid and anitfreeze?
Old 04-14-2003, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500
then you're woefully un-informed as to what parts are available.
As someone in the auto repair business, you should research what is available so you can make recommendations for specific applications. Mercedes doesn't manufacture brake pads. They buy them from Jurid, Pagid, Textar, or some other manufacturer. Why would you assume that the OEM pads are the best pads available?
Have you ever heard of Hawk? Brembo? EBC? Rotex? Mintex? Performance Friction? Axxis? Etc,.........
Each of these companies has a pad that would be far better than any stock pad Mercedes uses.

They use the same pads as cars that are 1000lbs lighter? What does that mean?

"original mb tranny fluid and antifreeze"

Do you think Mercedes manufactures oils & coolants?