M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2004 ML-350 4matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230 kompressor coupe
2004 ML-350 4matic

Hi All,

Awesome information on this site!! . My wife just got thru test driving a 2004 ML-350 4matic.

I read about the harmonizer if I got the word right, and the catalytic converters so I will ask about both.

I wasn't as smooth as I thought it would be, and my wife thought it would be a bit more "snappy" with the acceleration. She loved the steering, and the handling response. I just found out about the double wishbone suspension back and front. Very cool. We couldn't find the CD magazine, even with the salesperson. Where might this be?

I guess two questions, she mentioned she had to put the brake pedal about half way down before the SUV slowed down. She seem to think it could have accelerated a bit faster, but she's having sport car fantasies. I saw mention of a upgrade to the computer that might change that but am not sure

The salesperson was awesome, no pressure and knowledgeable, and he knew the movie "Wages of Fear". Good stuff.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 C300
CD changer is in the passenger side rear truck cabin. It's the thing with those vent looking things on it. Take that off and there will be the CD changer.

Braking is normal. The ML's brakes are just low so you have to push it down. You can change the brakes but this helps just a little bit.

If you want more power you can always do a computer upgrade but you would lose reliability. Another thing for more power.. just lighten the weight of the vehicle.