M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 Mercedes Metris, Saab 900
Don
Some really interesting ideas of how to use wrap to update a ride. Excellent work. I did not know of these techniques.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Euros
Yep, vinyl almost opens up limitless possibilities. It is very cool, which is partially what keeps me really interested doing this kind of stuff.

I vinyled the window trim on this E90 a while back, in my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of this car actually lived in Irvine as well, and was probably only 5 miles away from me. I don't do the gloss black vinyl for the window trims very often, but I thought it turned out nice on this car. 95% of guys go with the matte black vinyl finish for the window trims usually. Also note, my window trim wraps are seamless, all the way around.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I don't think I have any of it on that color unfortunately.

Here's pictures of the first car that I did when I made my trip up to norcal/san francisco area from down here in Orange County, to do some vinyl wraps and visit some friends. This is a white 350z that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material and also tinted/smoked his rear tail lights and turn signals in the rear bumper.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is probably a first. Here's a Mazda 6 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. I thought it changed the way the car looked completely, and this is coming from someone who sees this on cars all the time daily. Most of the cars that I work on have sunroofs, but since this car didn't, it really gave a nice smooth look/flow over the entire roof. The owner of this car was in Garden Grove/Orange County area, so those of you near by might see/recognize the car.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I am starting to make a list of cars that are interested in getting some vinyl wrap/work done up in norcal/bay area again. So shoot me an e-mail to donathon@gmail.com if you're interested, and I'll give you the details and info.

I know I've been getting a lot of picture requests for the new gloss 3M carbon fiber material. Well, I finally got around to getting it and my first chance/time using it was when I made my last trip up to norcal and the bay area to do some vinyl wrapping. The weave is slightly smaller than the 3M Di-noc vinyl, so it's a bit harder to photograph and show you guys how the weave and design looks like on this material. Either way, here's a black E46 series that I vinyl wrapped the hood in with the 3M gloss carbon fiber material.

Let mek now what you guys think of it.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Here's another car that I did while I was up in norcal doing some vinyl wraps. This car was around the Hayward area. The car is a white IS250, and I did his roof in the 3M 1080 gloss black carbon fiber material. It was the first car that I actually had used the material on for the roof. These pictures will also give those who have other cf parts a good idea of how the carbon fiber 3M 1080 vinyl looks compared to it. Don't mind the uneven marks, those were just water streaks from when I wiped the roof down in the heat. The camera picked those up more than how it looked like in person, or else I would have cleaned it better

I am already started taking cars who are interested in getting some vinyl work done the next time I am up in norcal. So if you're around the bay area, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll keep you on tab and notify all of you when I do.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Interestingly enough, this is the first wagon that I've done the window trim on. We went with the matte black vinyl material for his window trim, for his black E46 325i wagon/touring.. The owner of this car was located around in the Garden Grove/Orange County area. I thought that blacked out/shadowline window trim changed the look of this particular car quite dramatically. I think it's partially due to the fact that it was a wagon, and that it had more chrome pieces than a sedan/coupe that I normally do has.

Here's a quick before picture.

Here's the after results.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I don't get around to posting too many pictures of matte finishes, so here's one I did a while back. So here's a VW GTI MkV that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my matte black material. Did the roof and the small extension of the roof that extends onto the top hatch area. The owner of this car was actually out in the Los Angeles county area, so quite a bit of a distance from me in Orange County/Irvine, but luckily I was already in the area getting some other things done at the same time, so it wasn't too bad.

It was a bit dark, so the pictures aren't the greatest. I also got a bit carried away with the amount of pictures, but it's also partially because I haven't posted any pictures of the matte finish in a while, so I am trying to make up for lost time, haha.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Trying to figure out which pictures to edit and post can be hard sometimes. I have some pictures that date back to almost 12 months ago now that I still haven't had a chance to post yet.

Either way, here are some pictures of a car that I actually did recently sometime last week. The owner of this car was around/in Orange County as well. The car is a white Mercedes Benz C350 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material, and also did a border around his tail lights with my gloss black vinyl material as well. Everything was done freehand. I thought the tail lights turned out awesome, and changed the way the car looks completely, with something even as minor as that. Really gives the car a more aggressive look from behind. It's always fun when my customers bring me new ideas and challenges to try and do.

Some comparison pictures with the driver side done and the passenger side still stock.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
It's been brought to my attention that there may be some people out there claiming that they are associated or that they work with me. If this is the case, then it is not true. I work solo, and if anyone is trying to claim otherwise, then they are lying to you.

Just wanted to put this notice out there, so that someone does not go to anyone else mistakenly and think that it is me or a "partner" of mine, and end up getting bad work done, etc.

-Don
Old 07-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I don't get too many cars of this color coming by to get their roofs done, so it's a nice change of pace. I wrapped this Infiniti M45's roof with my gloss black vinyl material. On a darker colored car like this, the gloss black roof gives it a very nice subtle touch. Although it's still noticeable, it is not as large as a contrast as it would be on a white car. A black roof may make a BMW more sportier looking, but on a car like this, it can also make the car look more "elegant" or lux as well. This car was from around the Costa Mesa/Orange County area.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This time around, I finally remembered to take some before/after pictures for you guys. It also happens to be on car that had vinyl installed on it with materials previous purchased from Sticky City. The wrong material was used/sold, and this is what happened after the owner removed it off of his car around a year or so later. You can see there was an extreme amount of adhesive left behind after removing it. The owner told me that the material was basically starting to flake off after a year or so, and when he tried to go to remove it, it was basically just coming off in such small pieces/sections that it made it extremely time consuming.

The car is a blue Subaru STI/WRX that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material. The owner of this car came out to me from around Glendale/Pasadena/Los Angeles County area. I gave it a shot to see if I could help him get rid of this eye sore, and the results will speak for themselves.

Since the 3M 1080 scotchprint gloss carbon fiber material is quite different from the 3M di-noc carbon fiber material, I tried to take some pictures inside and outside, to show you the different effects that it has in both conditions, to give you a better idea of how it all looks and compares.

Here is the before:

Here is what I was able to do:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
My first BMW F10 5 series that I've done since this model came out. I applied my gloss black vinyl wrap material to his roof. I had some requests for closer up pictures of around the sunroof and antenna areas, to squash any doubts or worries that some had regarding those two areas. As you can see, everything is done very neatly and there are no seams or exposed areas of paint there. The owner of this car was around the Inland Empire area I believe, and came out to me in Orange County to have his roof done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Lately I've been having more people steal and use my pictures as their own without my consent. So in order to both protect me and you guys too, I decided to try out a new watermark for the mean time. It is kind of distracting, so I am going to give it a test run and see if I am going to continue with it, or leave the pictures without the watermark and accept the fact that there will be some of my images stolen and used.

Either way, onto the car. I tried doing some before and after pictures, but for some reason I forgot to do it for the roof. I vinyl wrapped the roof of this gray Audi A5 in my gloss black material, smoked/tinted his tail lights and also smoked/tinted the amber area on his front headlights. I actually blacked out the chrome on the his old C300's window trim before as well. The owner of this car came to me from around the San Diego area up to me in Orange County to get the work done.

The pictures were kind of rushed, so some of them didn't turn out as well. I mainly tried focusing on taking more up close and detailed pictures this time. I wanted to show you guys that even if there is no side/roof rail, I am able to trim it perfectly straight where it ends at the sides/edge. I also did some close up of the antenna area to show that there is no paint showing around that area, which some other installers would kind of mess up on.

Let me know what you guys think about the watermark and the pictures of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I don't get around to posting too many pictures of tinted/smoked tail lights, so I figured I'd do so this time around. Here's pictures of a black BMW E60 M5's tail lights and head lights that I tinted/smoked with my vinyl film material. I tinted only the red portion on the rear tail lights and for the front headlights, I tinted the turn signal chrome reflector top portion only, to bring the brightness of the chrome down a bit. He was actually around in Orange County, around Lake Forest or so, which fairly close to me.

This will be a good comparison for those who are curious about how only partial parts of the tail/head lights are when tinted versus having the whole thing done.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I went through my pictures, and decided to pick this blue E46 BMW 3 series to post pictures of for today. Since I mainly end up doing work on so many white cars, it's not always easy for the non-white colored car guys get to see how it looks on other/different colors. This car was done a while back, but I believe he was from around the Huntington Beach/Orange County area. I vinyl wrapped his roof in my gloss black material and I also did his window trim in my matte black vinyl material. This will also give guys who were interested in doing both their window trim and roofs an idea of how the matte and the gloss looks together.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Here are some pictures of a pewter or a sand color Mercedes Benz C230 (I believe) that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material with, when I was up in norcal about two months ago. The sun kept coming and going that day (you can see all of the clouds in the reflections), so it made it kind of hard to take the pictures, but I did the best I could.

I will be back up in norcal probably sometime later this year, in case anyone is interested in getting some vinyl work done on their cars. PM or e-mail me.

This car is another good example of a car that is not so brightly colored, such as a white or a red car would be, but the gloss black roof is still a subtle but noticeable addition to the car.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
For those of you who have PMed or e-mailed me in the last couple of weeks, you may have noticed a slight delay in my responses to your questions. I am currently out of the country, and will be so until Sept 5th. However, I have already been taking appointments starting Sept 5th, for those of you who are interested in getting work done on your cars for when I am back.

Best way to contact me and reserve an appointment is through e-mail at donathon@gmail.com. Second best way would be through PM.

Thanks.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I haven't posted in a while, but that's because I've been traveling over seas for the past 6 weeks or so. Either way, I am back now, and with all of the down time while flying around, I edited a lot of my back logged photos that I hadn't gotten around to editing/posting yet. I didn't notice how "strong" my watermark were in the photos while editing these, so I do apologize for that if it interferes with the pictures too much.

Anyways, here are pictures of a silver 350z that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black vinyl material. He was a local in Yorba Linda/Orange County. Even though his wheels were a matte finish, the gloss black roof still worked and looked very good on his car regardless. So these pictures will be good for those guys out there who have matte black wheels, and were deciding if they should go with a gloss or stick to a matte finish to match their wheels.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is a white C300 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material a while back. I believe this car was actually from norcal and came down to me in the Orange County area to have his roof wrapped. I work on a lot of white cars, but I haven't posted pictures of one in a while, so I figured I'd throw one into the mix. White colored cars are definitely one of the best colors to get the black roofs on, due to the contrasts, if that is the style that you are looking for or like.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Here's a darker gray/gunmetal colored M45 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. The owner of this car was around the Long Beach area. Even on a darker colored car, the gloss black vinyl roof actually still accents the entire the car very well. Especially on this car, with its black rims. We decided to leave the roof rails chrome, and it actually turned out looking very nice that way. It looks as if the car came like this from the factory/dealer.

It was a hot day, so don't mind the water streaks on the roof/vinyl in some of the pictures.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is a red E92 BMW 328i coupe that I vinyl wrapped the window trim in my matte black material and also tinted/smoked his tail lights with my film. The blacked out window trim really toned down the strong contrast between the bright red and bright chrome. We also decided to go with tinting the whole tail light to give it a consistent finish across the whole tail light, versus just doing the red or white part only. The owner of this car was out in the Fontana/Inland Empire area. As you can also see, everything is done seamlessly, all as a single piece.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Here is a silver Honda Accord sedan that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. You may notice, I actually have already posted pictures of this car before. I originally vinyl wrapped the roof of this car about 8-12 months ago. However, the owner of this car asked me if I could also tint/smoke his tail lights. So I decided to take this time to also take pictures of his roof again, to show progress reports of how well my material holds up, after being on the car for almost a year already. You'll see in the pictures, the roof is practically perfectly smooth like paint. Everything settled in quite nicely, and the results are awesome. It even really impressed me, haha. Interestingly enough, I tinted his tail lights for him at the end if one of their eibach meets/shows, since I was already in the area.

For the tail lights, I only tinted the clear portions, and left the red parts alone.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Haven't posted pictures of matte black roofs in a while, so I figure I'd post this one up. This is a white Subaru that I vinyl wrapped the roof in with my matte black material. Not a lot of cars can pull off the matte look, but I think this Subaru was able to do it fairly well. Usually you want a car that's a bit more aggressively modded/styled if you're going to go with something like a matte black roof. If not, usually other matte black accents would go well with a matte black roof as well. Typically, if you send me pictures of your car, I can determine what would look best on your car, in my opinion and based on the amount of cars I've seen or worked on. The owner of this car was out near in the Fontana area or something like that.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Here is a somewhat more recent BMW E46 328i sedan that I recently did some work on. I vinyl wrapped the roof of this car in my gloss black material. I believe the owner of this car was from around the Cerritos/Long Beach area and came out to my shop in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl wrap done for his roof. We decided to go with the gloss black to give it that panoramic look and kind of update the look of the older aging car. The roof was beginning to fade, so with the vinyl on there, it'll end up help protecting whatever is left of the paint underneath it and at the same time give the roof a new/fresh finish to look at. I wanted to post pictures of this car, to show even on a more stock looking car, a gloss black roof is still a nice mod/addition.

Before:

Don't mind the water streaks from trying to clean the roof out in the sun/heat.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**