M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Guys, I need some help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML
Guys, I need some help!!

Hi guys, I have a 2000 ML320; Two days ago, I found that when I hit the brake I saw a warning yellow light flashing on the dash and the shape of light looks like "Stop Sign". Does it mean I have to replace my brake pad? If yes, how much would it be? Or is there any alternative options? Please tell where I can get better deal for the pads. Thanks guys.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:40 AM

ML, CLK
That just means that your car is in a hazard mode cuz u're working your car too much....did you like slam on your brakes or something?? i usually get that warning when i'm making a fast sharp turn...and it warns you dat u should slow down, and if u go faster, your car might flip or something....and about the brake pads...i don't think there is a warning light for it....i usually change it when i can feel the brake is not as sensitive and get it to the shop to check it......hope this helps...
Old 05-16-2003, 12:03 PM

2000 ML
Really? That is interesting because I have never had the warning light before untill recently when I hit the brake. I know the warning light you are talking but I assume it's different from mine.
The one you are talking usually happens when you drive in snow and the car get so slippery(that's when the ESP kicks in). I will bring them to the shop and ask them to take a look.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML320
Originally posted by AbNoRmAL KiT
That just means that your car is in a hazard mode cuz u're working your car too much....did you like slam on your brakes or something?? i usually get that warning when i'm making a fast sharp turn...and it warns you dat u should slow down, and if u go faster, your car might flip or something....

Sorry but that's very amusing

I believe you're referring to when the triangle flashes - that's when ESP (electronic stability program) kicks in - not some 'hazard mode' BTW.

As for the original problem, I would recommend to have the dealer check out the situation. The light will remain on if the car's put into Low Range, but that would drastically alter the driving (goes no more than 30-40mph) feel so you would notice it if that was the issue. Probably with the brakes or an internal problem of some kind - have the stealership (o I mean dealership) check out it.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:34 PM

demo benz
you ml does have low pad indicator if it came on it should stay on,
that would be below the fuel guage. the ESP light is shaped like a triangle? thats in the middle of the speedo. turn the key to position 1 and see if you can indentify the light that was on.