M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

immobilizer help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML270
immobilizer help

my problem is ive been using the keys without the remote lock/unlock because dealer said i need to change the module or something worth over $1000 plus reprogramming 2 keys another $100 so ive been surviving on manual key use. Lately however there are times when the immobilizer wont disengage leaving the car cranking but not starting. solutions range from 1)waiting 30 minutes in the car for apparently the key proximity to finally communicate with the immobilizer (my guess); 2) changed car battery and sheer luck didnt have problem for days; and 3) changing key batteries which got me started once.

Its irritating and random and scary so if any can offer a solution short of spending $1000++ id love to hear from you friends out there. I dont mind totally disengaging the alarm if need be if that was solution. Help please and thanks to all MBWORLERS been biiig help in my love/hate relationship (love prevails) with my w163