M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

All weather mats, what?

Old 05-17-2011, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
All weather mats, what?

Now that MB doesn't offer the realy good old style all weather mats anymore, what do you guys suggest? Weather Tech, some other brand, what? Interior is java, but figure black is the best bet. Or is someone has a nice set of the old all weathers in their garage, gimme a holla. Thanks.....
Old 05-17-2011, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
Now that MB doesn't offer the realy good old style all weather mats anymore, what do you guys suggest? Weather Tech, some other brand, what? Interior is java, but figure black is the best bet. Or is someone has a nice set of the old all weathers in their garage, gimme a holla. Thanks.....
I didn't know they have been discontinued. By the way, which one:
Attached Images    
Old 05-17-2011, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
None.....

of those. The old style "waffle pattern" ones. Far superior to the new ones.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:19 PM

ML
of those. The old style "waffle pattern" ones. Far superior to the new ones.
I have a complete set of the waffle mats and if you want them, give me a price. I dumped them and purchased the newer mats (P/N: 6-6-68-8616 - see pic below) which have the dead pedal protection - I want to sell these waffle pattern ones, but honestly, the waffle pattern ones and all aftermarket ones I have looked at don't have the dead pedal protection. Frankly, I don't think that the waffle ones protect as well as the 8616 ones.

That said, way back in time, a lot of us that used the waffle pattern mats came up with custom dead pedal protection that worked just fine for years before I sold my 320. If you want to get these waffle pattern ones, I will include in the package the plastic strip I used for dead pedal protection (available at your local WalMart) - still have some in my garage.
Attached Thumbnails All weather mats, what?-ml-floor-mat-4.jpg  
Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Darkmann...

thanks for the reply.I've been away from the office, and I couldn't see the photos well on my phone, but yes, the second style ones are the ones I'm referring to. I was not aware you could get the new style for 163, but I guess you can. If you want to PM me, let me know where you are and maybe I can take those others off your hands. thanks for the hit...
Old 05-21-2011, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Any further ....

thoughts on this? I need to do something now. I've found a set of the OE ones in some old stock, but would rather help a fellow MBW guy if you want. If you want to keep them, cool, just let me know.
BTW, further digging at the MB store reveals that they do not offer ANY allweather mats for 163 now. Nothing but the carpeted ones.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1990 190E 2.6, ... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
I have never used any of these rubber / plastic floor mats in any of my vehicles. I don't intend to save the carpeting for the next owner who is going to purchase my used vehicles for 10-20% of what I paid. Note, I live in New England where we have had several very bad winters. The factory carpeted floor mats that come with the vehicles clean up really well each spring.
I hate the feeling of those all weather mats and I want to enjoy the carpeting of my vehicles year around.
This is just my opinion. It appears that sales of those all weather mats are a big business so I guess a lot of people will disagree with me.
Mike
Old 05-21-2011, 08:05 PM

ML
Originally Posted by Mike's ML
I have never used any of these rubber / plastic floor mats in any of my vehicles. I don't intend to save the carpeting for the next owner who is going to purchase my used vehicles for 10-20% of what I paid. ...
Mike I completely understand what your point of view. I used to live in Syracuse NY where salt would eat cars for lunch before the 5th oil change and I hated it. I hate the way that winter salt looks and what it does to metal where I can't see, and so, I try to avoid that. I don't plan to sell my 500 any time soon, but I like to feel that I'm not letting it waste away, especially if I can do something really really inexpensive about it, like an all weather floor mat. Where I live now, we get very little snow so I have less to worry about. But, I don't like to see that brown rusty sight on a vehicle, period!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:24 PM

ML
thoughts on this? I need to do something now. I've found a set of the OE ones in some old stock, but would rather help a fellow MBW guy if you want. If you want to keep them, cool, just let me know.
BTW, further digging at the MB store reveals that they do not offer ANY allweather mats for 163 now. Nothing but the carpeted ones.
I don't quite understand your post but I did manage to take pics of mine if you're still interested (or anyone else):

The fourth one (front passenger side) is in my E which is parked in a different location from where I took these pics.
T

This is a close up of the driver's mat. As you can see, there's no dead pedal protection. Again, I would sell these with the dead pedal mod.