M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

twin exit exhaust w163 ml430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w163 430
twin exit exhaust w163 ml430

Hi,

My first post so please be gentle with me, I was wondering have any of you had a twin outlet exhaust fitted or made for your truck.
My ml430 is a 2000 model and I have owned it for six years now,but its got a rattle underneath from the heat shield over the exhaust.The original exhaust box will need removing for a new or repaired heat shield.
Can anyone post a photo of what they have done underneath as this will help us with the fabrication work.

Thanks in advance

Gaz uk.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:44 PM

w163 430
okay I am the only one.

Hi,

I've sorted the various parts out by surfing the net and I'll sort this out myself over the next couple of weeks.

Gaz,
Old 01-10-2012, 12:01 PM

ML320
Originally Posted by screamingflat6
Hi,

My first post so please be gentle with me, I was wondering have any of you had a twin outlet exhaust fitted or made for your truck.
My ml430 is a 2000 model and I have owned it for six years now,but its got a rattle underneath from the heat shield over the exhaust.The original exhaust box will need removing for a new or repaired heat shield.
Can anyone post a photo of what they have done underneath as this will help us with the fabrication work.

Thanks in advance

Gaz uk.
I own a 2001 ML320 with the AMG body kit, I recently fabricated a dual exhuast system using a magnaflow box, I deleted my resonator and used a Y-Pipe to split the pipes at the rear, sounds deep and throaty.

You own a ML430 V8 and yours would sound even better than my V6.

Regards
Old 01-20-2012, 07:22 PM

w163 430
good to talk

Busy restoring my 964 targa last six months, Merc's been sleeping under its cover since then.I have been collecting bits though and I have a ml 55 bonnet a wheel arch kit all new lights and chrome front and side bars for her.
Getting back to the exhaust, I use the ml for towing a very large caravan so I am having a week away in the caravan in March near a company in Birmingham(uk) who is making a full cat back exhaust for me for £500 uk .
I have owned the car for seven years now so I am dressing it up a little as I will keep her till she's worn out and at 63,000 miles I think I have a lot of towing yet to do.

Gaz,, six cars and a ml.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:53 PM

ML320
Busy restoring my 964 targa last six months, Merc's been sleeping under its cover since then.I have been collecting bits though and I have a ml 55 bonnet a wheel arch kit all new lights and chrome front and side bars for her.
Getting back to the exhaust, I use the ml for towing a very large caravan so I am having a week away in the caravan in March near a company in Birmingham(uk) who is making a full cat back exhaust for me for £500 uk .
I have owned the car for seven years now so I am dressing it up a little as I will keep her till she's worn out and at 63,000 miles I think I have a lot of towing yet to do.

Gaz,, six cars and a ml.
Are these people MIJ EXHUAST? Were did you get your AMG Bonnet from, have been looking for one to buy for a while now...
Attached Thumbnails twin exit exhaust w163 ml430-dsc03390.jpg   twin exit exhaust w163 ml430-dsc03402.jpg   twin exit exhaust w163 ml430-dsc03394.jpg  
Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 AM

w163 430
exhaust.

Mij is the company, I need to book myself in with them for a day in march
I am staying in shewsbury so its a hour nearer for me to get to them from there,they sound okay over the phone and their *bay account is 100%
on the feed back.
Do you know more about them?
My bonnet was from *bay also and it was ending the auction at a strange time so I got it for £200 but after paint it will owe me £350.
Your car looks good,love the wheels.
I was going to buy a cayenne this time last year and sell the ml but its just stupid to swop her in and loose a ton of money again,so thats why I have blown some cash on the bits and bobs and its bloody great with the van on the back "NO ONE CAN TOW AS FAST" and no fatige feel fresh after a couple of hundred miles towing.
The porsche is nearly restored now,so the ml is next in just the kit and bonnet needs painting and all the bling bits need bolting on.
Have you done the later headlamps on yours as I am interested in that for mine.

Gaz
Old 01-21-2012, 06:39 PM

ML320
Mij is the company, I need to book myself in with them for a day in march
I am staying in shewsbury so its a hour nearer for me to get to them from there,they sound okay over the phone and their *bay account is 100%
on the feed back.
Do you know more about them?
My bonnet was from *bay also and it was ending the auction at a strange time so I got it for £200 but after paint it will owe me £350.
Your car looks good,love the wheels.
I was going to buy a cayenne this time last year and sell the ml but its just stupid to swop her in and loose a ton of money again,so thats why I have blown some cash on the bits and bobs and its bloody great with the van on the back "NO ONE CAN TOW AS FAST" and no fatige feel fresh after a couple of hundred miles towing.
The porsche is nearly restored now,so the ml is next in just the kit and bonnet needs painting and all the bling bits need bolting on.
Have you done the later headlamps on yours as I am interested in that for mine.

Gaz
MIJ are good, I was quoted £455 a few months ago, a friend did his 560 Sec with MIJ, the reviews are good, my advise is to either buy the AMG tips from ebay if you can get them cheap, dont use their tips it goes brown, the stainless steel tips used are not that good.

My ML has got the facelift headlights. I have had this ML for 3 years, not looking to sell it off at the moment, I have dont alot to it. I need to enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails twin exit exhaust w163 ml430-dsc03384.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 AM

w163 430
exhausted

Thanks for the info on the exhaust.

I will get it sorted when I am away and I'll show you some pictures of the fleet after the ML is tarted up.

Last edited by screamingflat6; 01-22-2012 at 08:53 AM.