M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Gettin some new shoes, need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 - W163
Gettin some new shoes, need help!

Okay, i Just ordered a set of iFORGED 22X10 Sprints in high polish for my ML320, and i wanted to lower my car. I want to buy something that would make my truck look real low, but without spending a whole lot. Does the Eibach kit make applications for the 2002 Models? How about H&R

Last edited by Viktorious; 11-30-2003 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
most people get the H+R springs and bilstein shocks and just lower the torsion bars for the front. There was a review a few years ago in motor trend or car and driver that said the renntech suspension was by far the best and the other combos made the truck feel to unstable and nervous.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:19 AM

1998 ML-320
That Article

Originally posted by AlBoston
most people get the H+R springs and bilstein shocks and just lower the torsion bars for the front. There was a review a few years ago in motor trend or car and driver that said the renntech suspension was by far the best and the other combos made the truck feel to unstable and nervous.
That article is here - Car and Driver, June 2000. RennTech is on page 3.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: That Article

Originally posted by UncAl
That article is here - Car and Driver, June 2000. RennTech is on page 3.
wow good investigative work UncAl!
Old 12-01-2003, 05:38 PM

1998 ML-320
Viktorious ...

Since I didn't get a chance to post on the other thread before it was locked ...

Even with the proposed mods to your ML, you will not be competitive at shows. Plan on spending quite a bit more if you're serious about winning.

In the meantime, IMHO, you will only decrease the drivability and resale value of your ML. Just my $0.02.

Thanks.

Originally posted by AlBoston
wow good investigative work UncAl!
RennTech's sales materials include a reprint of that article. I have it bookmarked.

Originally posted by SomePeteGuy
Interesting
Only to you, Pete.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Re: Viktorious ...

Originally posted by UncAl
Since I didn't get a chance to post on the other thread before it was locked ...

Even with the proposed mods to your ML, you will not be competitive at shows. Plan on spending quite a bit more if you're serious about winning.

In the meantime, IMHO, you will only decrease the drivability and resale value of your ML. Just my $0.02.

Thanks.

RennTech's sales materials include a reprint of that article. I have it bookmarked.

Only to you, Pete.
Al, thanks for the comments, I do plan on doing more to my truck, January is when im getting a full fiberglass trunk installation with 3 monitors in the rear along with tv's in the headrests and in the sunvisors. Already got the monitor in the rear view with the V1 display in it. Hopefully for my birthday, my parents will get me the Brabus off-road kit, we'll have to see... but this is just phase 1 of my modifications. I also plan on replacing the burlwood with carbon fiber
Old 12-07-2010, 03:16 AM

1998 C280 Sport many mods, 1991 SL500 many mods, 1999 ML430 in progress, 1991 GTR (parted)
Originally Posted by ViKTORiOUS
Al, thanks for the comments, I do plan on doing more to my truck, January is when im getting a full fiberglass trunk installation with 3 monitors in the rear along with tv's in the headrests and in the sunvisors. Already got the monitor in the rear view with the V1 display in it. Hopefully for my birthday, my parents will get me the Brabus off-road kit, we'll have to see... but this is just phase 1 of my modifications. I also plan on replacing the burlwood with carbon fiber

so much for the Brabus off-road kit! But I'm glad you took the route you did with your car! Looks great!!