M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Random emergency calls draining my battery!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 11:27 AM
sit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320 Model 2002
Random emergency calls draining my battery!

Hi all,
I´m experiencing that my radiosystem is initiating random emergency calls and recently it has drained the battery after standstill in the garage for a couple of days. I recharged the battery and the same happened! When I reconnect the battery everything looks ok but after some minutes the radio begins initiating the emergency calls and this procedure seems drains my battery over nigth?
Any suggestions on how to disable the emergency call initiation depply appreciated.
Regards, Gary
Old 05-02-2014, 09:10 AM
DrX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 ML320, 2003 A160
TeleAid makes emergency calls in response to constant analysis of data from various inputs. Situations including SRS deployment, glass breakage, tailgate opening while not stationary, or vehicle on its side will trigger an E-call. So will faults in any of these systems or sensors.

It should be possible to deactivate the TeleAid module using MB's Star Diagnosis computer, which you can have performed at an authorized MB workshop.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:29 PM
sit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320 Model 2002
Originally Posted by DrX
TeleAid makes emergency calls in response to constant analysis of data from various inputs. Situations including SRS deployment, glass breakage, tailgate opening while not stationary, or vehicle on its side will trigger an E-call. So will faults in any of these systems or sensors.

It should be possible to deactivate the TeleAid module using MB's Star Diagnosis computer, which you can have performed at an authorized MB workshop.
Hello DrX and thank´s for your reply.
I had an accident on my car prior to this where I was hit in the rear by another car. This didn´t trigger the emergency call but might be the reason for this annoying problem. I´m taking the car to the workshop to have it diagnosed.
Regards, Gary