M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Need Help ASAP PLZ - 2002 Halogen Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml430
Need Help ASAP PLZ - 2002 Halogen Install

Hey guys,

I installed the 2002 Halogen lights on my ML 2000 and now the high beams stay on all the time. The low beams + High Beams come on when I turn handle up one click. Also nothing happens when i push the handle in for a quick flash of the high beams being that they stay on all the time. Even when I push the lever in for a quick high beam flash, nothing happens.

I did not use the pigtail adapter, i was told by Auto class that all i need to do is swap the foglight wire (gray) with the low beam (pink) inside the truck harness. That is what i did. Im thinking i possible swapped the wrong wires....

Can someone please help me as i do not want to drive the truck at night with the high beams on all the time.

Thanks alot in advance.....
Old 12-19-2003, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: Need Help ASAP PLZ - 2002 Halogen Install

Originally posted by haild
Hey guys,

I installed the 2002 Halogen lights on my ML 2000 and now the high beams stay on all the time. The low beams + High Beams come on when I turn handle up one click. Also nothing happens when i push the handle in for a quick flash of the high beams being that they stay on all the time. Even when I push the lever in for a quick high beam flash, nothing happens.

I did not use the pigtail adapter, i was told by Auto class that all i need to do is swap the foglight wire (gray) with the low beam (pink) inside the truck harness. That is what i did. Im thinking i possible swapped the wrong wires....

Can someone please help me as i do not want to drive the truck at night with the high beams on all the time.

Thanks alot in advance.....
If Autoclass sold you the lights, can't they help you fix the problem? Seems like it would get you on the road faster!

Or, if you think you swapped the wrong wires... can't you swap the right ones?

-s-