M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Windshield Wipers Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 11:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500 and A64.2 sport
Angry Windshield Wipers Stopped Working

Ok, who does not believe that bad luck comes in three?

Early this week my driver side rear tire blew, no puncture but a complete rupture caused by some sharp object on the road and hidden by snow.

Then, the power steering stopped working. The hose from the compressor to the radiator blew off due to the cold. Talked to the service department and they had received several calls that morning with the same problem. Got it fixed at a local garage. They reattached the hose and tightened the clamps on this hose and on several others which also were loose.

Today my windshield wipers stopped working. I checked the fuses in two locations; the engine compartment ones and under the dash on the passenger side. They were fine. Also checked the relay in the engine compartment by switching it with another similar ralay. No change. The windshield washer still works but not the wipers.
Any idea what it could be? Motor burnt out? No smell and fuses are good. Are there any fuses which I missed. All other electrical items seem to be fine.

Car '02 ML500, just over 34,000 km. Canadian model.

Old 02-03-2004, 02:45 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500 and A64.2 sport
Smile Fixed

After spending the night in a heated garage the wipers are now working fine.
Guess the car does not appreciate being washed when it is minus 20 degrees Celcius
Old 02-03-2004, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
yea, definately don't wash it in below freezing temps. long story short, I washed my car at the car wash and guess when i did the underbody wash, some of the water didn't dry and stuck the accelerator cable linkage and my car wouldn't stop accelerating, even at stop lights, it wanted to launch, but i had it in neutral and it was revving at about 2500RPM's till i finally could shut off the car in a safe place.

if you do wash it, make sure it drys completely :p