M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Fuel question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel question

Do any of you experience hesitation when accelerating when using fuel from certain vendors? I use the octane level recommended by my local dealership (89), but the last time I filled up, I went to a Speedway (Super America.) The dealership told me to never do this again and to always go to Shell, Chevron, etc. Any thoughts? I typically only get the hesitation when the engine is cold and usually in the range between first and second gears.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Re: Fuel question

Originally posted by O Dogg
Do any of you experience hesitation when accelerating when using fuel from certain vendors? I use the octane level recommended by my local dealership (89), but the last time I filled up, I went to a Speedway (Super America.) The dealership told me to never do this again and to always go to Shell, Chevron, etc. Any thoughts? I typically only get the hesitation when the engine is cold and usually in the range between first and second gears.
usually try and go to a reputable station (mobile, exxon, shell, chevron (not in the NE)). And try to go to one with high volume, as if gas sits in the tank for a while, condensation forms.

Possibly some water was in the fuel and caused the hesitation, but should be fine when you run this tank out.