M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Ml 350 feedback / road and driveline vibrations Does yours have it.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 e55
Ml 350 feedback / road and driveline vibrations Does yours have it.

I have put about 600 miles (14000K) on my starmarked 03 350 inspiration. A few vibrations and driving quirks make me question if all mls have the same road feel.

I have a couple of concerns with the ride of the vehicle and am curious if all these trucks have the same feel.

When driving over a rough road I get a slight knock throught the steering wheel. Almost like a bad strut or bad sway bar link. Do all your MLs transmit the road vibration like this?

Also, when the truck is shifting under moderate to heavy acceleration into second and third, I get a drive line vibration that I can feel through the shifter and a bit through the floor boards. Is this common?

Have any of you had the dealer install the nav after purchase? If so, what did they charge you? Any other outlets for this other than ebay?

Any other common issues with these trucks? For the most part, I like the truck and am hoping it lasts me ten years
Old 02-08-2004, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
the vibration uncer heavy acceleration is common in the v6 models...i know it sucks, but thats the way it is...
Old 02-09-2004, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by ahopeter
the vibration uncer heavy acceleration is common in the v6 models...i know it sucks, but thats the way it is...
Says who??? I have never felt it
Old 02-09-2004, 11:20 AM

w210 e55
ML, What year and model do you own? While the motor is winding out at the 1 to 2 shift don't you get a vibe? Or the 2 to 3 shift for that matter?
Old 02-12-2004, 10:51 PM

w210 e55
Bump...Is there no one else with this "issue"?
Old 03-25-2004, 05:33 PM
rc0

2003 ML350
I also bought a starmarked 03 ML350 inspiration and have put about 1000 miles. When coming to a full stop, if I let the car roll to a stop and apply few or no brake, the whole car shakes violently right before complete stop. This is happend about 3 times, but not very repeatable. I'll ask the dealer to look at it next time, but I'm not sure how to describe the vibration properly.

Also, I'm getting less than 200 miles on a full tank before the reserve tank light comes on and the fuel tank only takes in 13-15 gallons at the pump. I asked the dealer to look at the problem during the A-service, and they just said that fuel sensor was accurate and there was no problem. So I've been saving my gas receipts and writting down mileage driven, and plan to show them to the dealer next time I bring the car in for service. Maybe I need to find a MB dealer who's better at fixing problems.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:54 PM

w210 e55
I had eight issues to correct and my dealership did pretty well on all of them. The knock in the steering column was the column it self and they replaced it. They replaced my mcs.

My road vibe was in my tires. Pretty pathetic tire condition for 14000 miles. I installed Michelins and now it rides like a dream. At least the dealer correctly identified the problem.

My rear wiper pump went out. There was a short in the fog lights ( the rear wiper would activate along with lights).

The cup holder would not open.

I also had an ocassional stumble when comming to an abrubt stop at red lights. This they tried the new ecm upgrade.
FYI I had the identical 03' ml350 as a loaner. The mileage was pathetic compared to mine. It really guzzeled fuel! Keep in mind there is an ecm upgrade reprogram for these vehicles. I had them do mine and it seems to be running much spunkier. You may want to ask your dealer to check if yours was upgraded yet.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally posted by ahopeter
We had a problem like this on our 430 and my SA told me that MBUSA had a volunteer recall for ML owners who felt vibrations when accelerating under the drive shaft...it was a drive shaft bearing or something like that. He had it replaced under warranty...maybe ask your dealer about that?

MLGod? Heard of this before?
Old 03-26-2004, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally posted by GDawgC220
We had a problem like this on our 430 and my SA told me that MBUSA had a volunteer recall for ML owners who felt vibrations when accelerating under the drive shaft...it was a drive shaft bearing or something like that. He had it replaced under warranty...maybe ask your dealer about that?

hmm...really, ill let them know, thanks.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:37 AM

ML 270 CDI 2002
I have a 2 year old ML (see ML Fuel Gauge thread). I have taken it back 5 times to the dealer about the fuel gauge. Each time they change something. I have a contact in MB UK and he admits they have a lot of problems with the fuel gauging system, though your dealer won't say this!!