M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Just Bought 03 ML320- quick questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 ML320
Talking Just Bought 03 ML320- quick questions

Hello,
My fiancee and I just aquired a 2003 ML320 (Desert Silver/Java Leather) yesterday. We really love it.

Couple of questions.

1) Floor Mats
We intent to take it camping every so often and I want to get some rubber floor mats to keep the carpets clean. I figure we will swap mats when we need to. Where is good place to get these mats? Are there any particular ones that better or worse? (looking at customfit mats only- not that universal crap)

2) Gas Tank Skid plate
We got this vehicle as a replacement for her 2wd Ford Escape and my Jeep Cherokee with 4.5" lift. It will see some off-road use and my only concern was the location of the gas tank. I checked on a couple off-road info sites for the ML and they confrim the vulnerabilty of the tank. They show some aftermarket skid plates that come from Germany. I am thinking the shipping heavy steel plates so far would pretty expensive so I am wondering if there are any made in the US. They do not seem really complicated so has any one tried to make one?

3) In car phone
My Fiancee has a motorola V60 phone. I believe there was MB motorola phone option on new cars. Is they any way connect a V60 phone to the existing in car unit. The car did NOT come with the phone option so does this mean it would need to be retrofitted?

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by JoePaluch; 03-17-2004 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:25 PM

1998 ML-320
Re: Just Bought 03 ML320- quick questions

Originally posted by JoePaluch
Hello,
My fiancee and I just aquired a 2003 ML320 (Desert Silver/Java Leather) yesterday. We really love it.

Couple of questions.

1) Floor Mats
We intent to take it camping every so often and I want to get some rubber floor mats to keep the carpets clean. I figure we will swap mats when we need to. Where is good place to get these mats? Are there any particular ones that better or worse? (looking at customfit mats only- not that universal crap)

2) Gas Tank Skid plate
We got this vehicle as a replacement for her 2wd Ford Escape and my Jeep Cherokee with 4.5" lift. It will see some off-road use and my only concern was the location of the gas tank. I checked on a couple off-road info sites for the ML and they confrim the vulnerabilty of the tank. They show some aftermarket skid plates that come from Germany. I am thinking the shipping heavy steel plates so far would pretty expensive so I am wondering if there are any made in the US. They do not seem really complicated so has any one tried to make one?

3) In car phone
My Fiancee has a motorola V60 phone. I believe there was MB motorola phone option on new cars. Is they any way connect a V60 phone to the existing in car unit. The car did NOT come with the phone option so does this mean it would need to be retrofitted?

Thanks a bunch!
Congratulations!

1. Visit your dealer for the mats.

2. Several companies make skid plates, including Extrem ORC and Vogele. Look around. BTW, for more off-road info, visit Wolfgang's site here.

3. My understanding is that a Mercedes V60 can be retrofitted, but not a non-MB V60. There is some relevant info here.

Good Luck!
Old 03-17-2004, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Contact www.formymercedes.com as well for the gas tank shield, i remember seeing it a while ago on the website, but it seems as if Jerry took it off, you can email him or IM him on AIM, his handle should be on the contact page, hes the best to deal with, he can get a lot of things for the ML, he has done be some good. Good luck and make sure you post up some pics!
Old 03-18-2004, 10:35 AM

2003 ML320
Thanks for the input.
We are going back to the dealer today to finish off a couple things from the sale and I'll check in to their rubber mats.

Thanks for info on about formymercedes

I also noticed seat covers there too. Thinking about those to keep the seats clean when we are camping or mountain biking.

Hmm, the phone thing seems like more that I want to tackle right now. Great info for the future.

And for a picture.... Don't have any right now!

So best I can do is the MB stock photo. Our looks just like this one. :p

Last edited by JoePaluch; 03-18-2004 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:06 AM

2000 ML 320
I've got the all-weather floor mats from the dealer, $98. Not bad. And they work well.