M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Factory 6.75" entertaiment ceiling drop...DIY?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML55 AMG
Factory 6.75" entertaiment ceiling drop...DIY?

Hi all,
Has anyone put in yours factory ceiling drop entertaiment system?
How have you done it? Dealer installed or DIY? Was it easy ?Please reply ...thanks
Old 04-27-2004, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 ML430, '03 C320 Coupe MT, '14 GL450
I've DIY'ed the OEM video entertainment system (VES)...

There is a great publication on installing it on b-e-n-z-w-o-r-l-d.org. The author, paulhdick, also has a web site with all the Mercedes original instructions, that makes it very clear how to install. It is quite a big job, but is definitely doable if you have the patience and willingness to dismantle a big portion of your car's interior . I recommend reading the instructions on Paul's website, and then deciding if you want to do it or not.

It took me about 1.5 days to do it, but I am extremely **** and precise when it comes to these things, and I have also never undertaken something quite of that magnitude. I am extremely happy with the results. I got good complements on the install from everyone - even the parts manager and service manager at my dealer.

I also have the OEM DVD player, which is very easy to install once the rest is in.

Just today we had to go drive to a couple of shops after work with our 23 month old son, and my wife commented that we would not have had nearly such a quiet trip if we didn't have the VES installed.

Email me if you have any specific questions, and do check out the *other* benz world web site - there is a lot of good info on the VES there.