M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Another Window Switch complaint...Can I get the dealer to replace it for free?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
I understand what he wanted. Still does not justify any of your comments.
You equate asking a simple question about having a continuous issue warranteed, into people buying cars to get into a certain segment that they cannot afford to upkeep. Unwarranted in this thread.

Then you talk about your "porsche" dealer, and when I bring it up... you say "where? Not in my garage...deliver them." something to that affect. If you say it, stick to it... no matter how arrogant someone says you are for saying it. Don't back pedal and look for alternate meanings.

"My rationale is that I see too many people get into car that they can't afford..or better yet can barely afford to get into the car and then forget about upkeep, maintenance, etc.!

My porsche dealer here and I have a pretty good relationship and we talk about crap like this all the time. The dealer here also sells Jag and Aston Martin and the ONLY people that think EVERYTHING should be covered even past warranty are the baby jag owners. Case in point. People who have NO BUSINESS in a car to begin with but spend every last drop of their cash to buy that $30K hunk of Ford crap so that they can belong to the Jag,Porsche, Aston community at the dealership (they are so concerned about status). I always thought it would be the $100K plus crowd that would be demanding but it is the other way around. I don't ***** about much when something on my $100K P-Car needs service..."
Old 09-12-2004, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what? This all started with wanting something for free. Listen, my window swithces were replaced under warranty, and when my warranty ends if they go out (which they will...it's call wear and tear). I will shell out the $75 (or $25 on eBay) and get it fixed. End of story.

As for the "not in my garage" statement. First you really need to read your posts BEFORE hitting submit so they make sense and have an understandable flow to them. When did I ever backpedal?

I will not attack you for that nor care. I guess you read into a thread too far and disect comments I had made to saturn (NOT YOU) and turned them around independently and out of context. READ THE WHOEL POSTINGS NOT SNIPPETS! You really should go to law school b/c you are suited well for it.

Listen, it just comes down to this.....some of us understand what it means to own a car out of warranty and there are those of us that think if it was fixed once and then has to be fixed again out of warranty there it is definately a problem and it should be DONE FOR FREE. I give this thread the big whatever. Think about it. The car is out of warranty is is ONLY on his second switch replacement (1st out of warranty). Pay the $75 and move on for cryin out loud.

This really is a pathetic exchange and one to which I will not partake in anymore. Just as saturn ask what has happened to this board lately ("I came here from a less than friendly environment, and its been cool up until recently. Things are starting to fall apart"). Couldn't be more true.

Now if you wil excuse me I have some football to go watch (or as you would read into it that I have to meet the queen for tea and crumpets).

Cheers.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

HAHAHA, admittedly defeated. LOSER. Look at you getting all agitated. You backpedal when you make statements about people and what they can and cannot afford. and when you were called out about being arrogant you tried to make it into something entirely different.

Sorry to tell you, but my posts made perfectly good sense. If they didn't I don't see someone of your elitest attitude getting so worked up.

Its plain and simple, if you don't know what you are talking about... sssshhhhh.

When works in completed on a car, whatever is repaired holds a period of warranty. Therefore the gentleman who asked the initial question had a fair gripe.

Don't come here trying to be the token smart guy... cause you are under qualified. Have fun with the queen.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:47 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeez people..... It happened.... I KNEW IT WOULD.

Is it just the election close at hand that has got all of us so uptight; twisting words around, moving things out of context, reading deeper in to what was said than what it truly meant?
I asked that this petty behavior be stopped, apparently my request was not heeded.
There are those who deserve slamming, but I have seen no need for any of it thus far. Some of the group are becoming more and more aggressive and ruining the forum. Chill out... Take a step back... THINK about your post. Reread it before you click submit. I have deleted many of my own without having sent them for fear it could be taken out of context, or offend somebody that it wasn't aimed at. Respect the other people here, this is one of the few MB forums that isn't over run with jerks.... YET.
This forum is screaming for a moderator, perhaps we should get one in here. Hell, I'll do it if they'd let me. There needs to be a bit more civility in here, or I think some of us will be leaving.
Wanna start some flamewars? Go over to mercedesshop.com and do it. Those forums are full of people just like you, and they get away with it. Leave this one for the rest of us.
This is a very technically accurate forum, compared to the others I have seen, and we have a group of good people here. We have everything we need to be a team, and help others. We can all feel comfortable here expressing our thoughts and experiances here. Lets not lose all of that....
Feel free to contribute as you wish, and not be attacked for your own personal views. Discuss your opinions, don't fight over them.
I saw nothing in Dells post to provoke anyone. It didn't sound as if he was making himself better than anybody else, he was just sharing his personal viewpoint. If a person feels the need to defend his or her viewpoint, just let them do it themselves. I see a line being drawn here, and our group is splitting apart. We gotta stick together guys! Its no fun arguing and fighting all the time. Lets exchange ideas and information, in a positive manner.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:49 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
I think its only fair that I add one more post to this before I must strongly reccommend that we end it, since it was my comment that sparked this bantor.

I too came from a forum which spun out of control. This forum seems far more valid, more informative. Sometimes a member crosses the line and expresses personal opinions far exceeding the scope of the thread or forum. I still think LVDELLs comment was out of line, but after reading his/her responses I think LVDELL has positively realigned. I wasn't the only one who felt the comment was out of line, my wife was in the room reading the thread as well--okay no jokes here, please; my wife and I don't surf the net together, I just wanted her opinion before I posted my reply. It was well thought out and not reactionary as you imply, LVDELL.

This isn't debate class or any sort of confrontation. Let's get that out of our heads and move on.

Let's end this thread.

I had to add that I've seen a lot of your posts (LVDELL, SATRUNSTYL, AHOPETER) here and there and you are all respectable. All of you have helped many os us out in countless ways. No hard feelings. Let's get back to business.

Last edited by hecdog; 09-12-2004 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is a forum guys. I didn't see any flamewars. Its a discussion amongst adults. We are not going to always agree. So everyone can relax when there are differing opinions.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well put hecdog. Very admirable of you. I will follow suit as well. My apologies to anybody I may have offended b/c THAT WAS NOT MY INTENT.

As I stated, I made a comment to saturn and some felt the need to go off the deep end and attack me....then CLAIM victory when I try to apologize if I offended them. VERY CHILDISH. If they need that to feel better about themselves, then fine. It doesn't bother me. I don't keep score, call people losers, etc.

I have never attacked or slammed anybody nor will I ever. Looks as though most poeple in the thread understand that and understand the need to get back to the great discussions we have had on this board.

Hope to have great exchanges again in the future. See y'all on the board.

Cheers,
Dell
Old 09-12-2004, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why do you always feel the need to get in the last word? Do you honestly feel as though your final post reflected being neutral? Come on, trying to talk ish under your breath is even more sad. You are not above me or anyone else on this board, and acting and posting the way you do does not make you anymore of a "bigger man". Your style is transparent and pathetic.