M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Anyone got problems with their ML Seats and gas pedal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got problems with their ML Seats and gas pedal?

Since it's my first posting on MBworld.org. I need advice regarding my front seats. Everytime I step on the brake, my seat would move forward. I took it into the dealership to have them inspect. They stated the seat track is loose, and would cost $1450 to fix.

I asked my SA if its cover under Starmark. My SA stated since the seat still have power and I can still move the seat back and forward. Starmark don't consider it a "failure". Only time Starmark will cover if and only if the seats don't function or it fallen out of the seat tracks.

To me, if a seat jerk foward or backward during braking and accelerating. The seat must be defective and should be repair under the Starmark Warranty.

My last question is about the gas pedel. Is it suppose to wiggle side to side? I thought gas pedal only goes down (when applying pressure).
Old 08-05-2004, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
1450 for track repair?!? go somewhere else... maybe another dealer. all dealers are not created equal, someone else might cover it under starmark.
and the pedal is supposed to wiggle left right, dont worry.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:01 AM

I noticed the same problem with our driver's seat. Is this something common? It's not bothersome enough to take to the dealer for that alone, but I'm having it checked out next time I'm in.

Jeff

Last edited by jwalther; 08-05-2004 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i have had the same problem numerous times... i guess it happens alot... but you should get it fixed.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:20 PM

I would take it to another dealership, but most if not all would charge you a fee. The last one cost me $99 just to take a look at the seat.

Don't get me wrong, but I truly believe that Starmark should cover repair if the seat are not stable. Just imagine if I had an accident (frontal or rear end). Shouldn't that be consider a safty hazzard?

I love my truck and do have the same problems that most member here stated. I believe my car has been in the dealership for repair a total of 18 times (about 2 month worth) and yes, thank god I still have my Starmark
Old 08-06-2004, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW 320i
Hi,

I would consider the seat moving as you describe to be a safety issue. All car seats are supposed to meet an anchor requirement set forth by the US Feds and I am sure that moving back and forth is not in the requirements.

I would make a stink and have them fix it under Starmark. If the Dealer gives you trouble than ask to meet with the Factory Rep. If that does not work than there are other way to get MB to fix the problem.

My ML 320 has the manual seats and it has a rocking problem due to cheep soft steel. That is if you lean back in the seat you run the chance of bending the sliding rails located between the floor and the seat. So every time I hit the brake my seat rocks forward than backward. I am waiting until it gets so bad that MB has to replace the rails. But I am still under warranty.

Good Luck,

Steven---
Old 08-06-2004, 03:35 PM

SL500 E320 ML350
No one should have seats that are not firmly anchored. Any dealer in their right mind would fix this under warranty. Don't take "no" for an answer! Stick with your dealer and hold their feet to the fire on this one.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the sad truth is that mb is so large now that one persons complaining isnt going to always get them what they want. if lucky, making a big deal of it will work,but most likely not. mb just doesnt care anymore.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:33 PM

Well I went back to MB to see if they can fix the problem and cover it under Starmark. I kindly explain to them my situation and inform them that seats are not suppose to rock back and forth. Well, the answer was still the same. If its not totally broken, Starkmark will not repair it. They say I can call the local Service Rep to file a dispute. But I heard it doesn't really do anything and our concerns will go unnotice.

I'll just wait till the seat fail....
Old 08-09-2004, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by angeleye328i
Well I went back to MB to see if they can fix the problem and cover it under Starmark. I kindly explain to them my situation and inform them that seats are not suppose to rock back and forth. Well, the answer was still the same. If its not totally broken, Starkmark will not repair it. They say I can call the local Service Rep to file a dispute. But I heard it doesn't really do anything and our concerns will go unnotice.

I'll just wait till the seat fail....
write certified letters to everyone and anyone if it bothers you so much. then it will be taken care of.