M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2003 ML350 Cranks but Wont Turn Over in the Heat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML350
power steering

Originally Posted by zer0pwn
I found a loose hose and pushed it in and now I haven't had the codes come up anymore. I heard a leak when looking under the hood for something else and just started pushing hoses and it made the hissing noise go away. Now all the codes are not popping back up.
I have power steering issues now though so I am going to make a new thread.
Hello, i also have power steering issue. my power steering is at the level yet makes that noise. should i drain and refill with pentosin CHF 11S? the power steering unit itself is not visibly wet on outside with oil, been told that is a tell for power steering unit going out. Also read that groments or system goes out when using incorrect viscosity fluid. been driving it with the noise for a while, strong when turning wheel.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML350
Battery reading

Originally Posted by khomer2
Welcome Will.

1) How do you know the battery is good? What's the magic V you read at the battery terminals? Anything less that 12.3V is dead, imo.
btw, if you have been jumping the battery, what does that tell you?

2) FP - Check the FP at the rail - Lots of DIY info "how to" here on the forum you can read up on, or google it.

3) It could very well be your CPS that needs to be replaced.

4) You took it an indie and they came up with nothing? Not even a scan for codes? What about the battery V check? or the FP check? What exactly did they do?
​​​​​​I'm currently in the process of installing an amplifier for my stereo and came across digital fuses that display battery level when the ground of the digital fuse is connected, anyone know if this would be a good add on in case clusters in the interior compartment will not operate due to low battery?
Old 10-22-2020, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 135 Posts
02w163ML500 / 97w210E50AMG / 99w202C230k / 95w124500e-wip
Originally Posted by bumble benz
Hello, i also have power steering issue. my power steering is at the level yet makes that noise. should i drain and refill with pentosin CHF 11S? the power steering unit itself is not visibly wet on outside with oil, been told that is a tell for power steering unit going out. Also read that groments or system goes out when using incorrect viscosity fluid. been driving it with the noise for a while, strong when turning wheel.
bumble benz,
Start your own thread on your specific issue.
This thread has nothing to do with the OPs issues.
One topic per thread.