M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Hi guys! Another new member.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hi guys! Another new member.

Hi guys, just thought I'd drop you a line from over here in the UK. Just bought myself a 1999 ML 430. In metallic black/blue with grey leather interior and lux pack. Its got the Bose audio system, but I changed the head unit for a Pioneer number as I missed having steering wheel controls. The sound quality is absolutely awesome now!! Going to get the windows tinted tomorrow night and having a custom stainless steel exhaust system fitted next week. Planning to have a dual exit system at each end of the rear bumper. I am in two minds whether to have one pipe at each end or a pair at each end. Also don't know whether to have big oval or letterbox style tips, any recommendations??
I'm really impressed with the performance of the big V8. I do however have the same issue with the stiff accelerator pedal, will try and get it changed under warranty.
One other problem is that I think the park brakes are somehow binding onto the disks. When I pull the release, the brake clunks off sharply rather than releasing the pads gently. Do any of you guys know what the problem maybe??
Anyhow, I'm planning to stick around and look forward to being part of what seems like a great MB forum!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
congrats and welcome. exhaust? i say dual left and right and circular tips... thats the newest lay out. anything else is reverting to past styles.

parking brake, when released they all clunk.