M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Another Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 ML430. '63 Caddy Convertible
Another Warranty Question

Hi all; I am a new member (and new owner of a '01 ML430). Got it with 27K miles, and so far so good. Well, except that the wind (noise?) screen for the sun-roof went flying off on the first highway run.

Question is: Am I covered under factory warranty for this?

Also, the doc's with the ML had no service data. Can the dealer look up records based on VIN and tell me what service has or has not been perfomed?

BTW, great site. Browsed it extensively before I bought the ML. Thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
is your car still under factory warranty? if so, yes it is covered. EVERYTHING is covered as long as you didnt break it or if its a wear and tear item.

yes, the dealer can check through vin.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 ML430. '63 Caddy Convertible
Thumbs up

Thanks...Yep, it is be under warranty. It's now got 28.5K miles.

Off to the dealer I go.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:26 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Its under warranty provided the warranty wasn't somehow voided by a previous owner. More than likely you have a warranty, and your sunroof wind deflector will be fixed. It comes in a kit, and is a common repair.
The service records may or may not exist. It depends on whether the vehicle was dealer serviced or not. Even though its free, some folks still take it elsewhere to get done. Do not be surprised if you cannot get any information in its history. Those records are property of MB and they DO NOT have to share any information with you regarding the history of your truck. It sounds harsh, but there is no way around it. You will probably get some information, depends on what's on file, and how cool your advisor is.