M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Nav system got lost!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 270 CDI 2002
Nav system got lost!!

Decided to drive to the UK this year from Switzerland. As per last time I entered the Ferry Port at Calais as the destination. Everything started fine, she was telling me the way to go.
I came off one junction too early, however I put that down to being my fault as there were two junctions quite close to eachother. However after about an hour the car tells me to take the next junction blah blah blah, and all of a sudden I am on the motorway (highway) seeing signs for Switzerland. There were no other junctions to have got confused over. I pulled over at a petrol station to confirm mt theory, and to my horror the car had turned me around and was taking me home!!!!
When I checked on the info menu the computer was giving me ETA basis my home!
Anyone had this before?? Needless to say I will be visiting me MB dealer when I get home (if I can find it).

Nick
Old 09-10-2004, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Had a similar problem with my MCS nav unit a year or so ago not too far from my home. Dealer provided me a new disc and that solved the problem has not done it since.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by sosh
Had a similar problem with my MCS nav unit a year or so ago not too far from my home. Dealer provided me a new disc and that solved the problem has not done it since.
ditto.

cry.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 ML-320
Originally Posted by ahopeter
ditto ... cry.
here we go again ...

Old 09-10-2004, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by UncAl
here we go again ...

Uncal: Well, see what I mean. This child is confrontational, arrogant and rude. He is fortunate to have parents that indulge him in expensive toys but he has not yet learned what acceptable behavior is and probobly will not till its too late. I can appreciate your sticking up for him but I would not go so far as comparing his intellegence to that of Pete Fegerline, hgis confrontational personality defect, yes but certainly not intelligence!!
Old 09-10-2004, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
One, you confronted me for no reason.

Two, don't talk about intelligence when you obviously cannot spell.

Three, don't try to dish it out without getting it right back. Try messing with someone who is going to be scared of a keyboard warrior such as yourself.

Don't be upset cause you cannot take a little joke as the one I made above.
You are one sensitive little whiner. Try growing a tougher skin, becoming more of a man, or just keeping your mouth shut if you don't like getting a rebuttle. And what is with the constant "parent" references? You are quick to make assumptions when you do not know the first thing about me, my family, or where I acquired my wealth from. Sometimes hardworking self made individuals are hated on by bitter, less successful beings such as yourself... that unfortunately is just how the world is.