M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

A/C, Rear window wiper and A/C fan speed when turned off kills the engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2024, 03:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2000 ML 320/95 Ford F150 4x4/Harley Davidson 03 FLHRCI in vivid black
Angry A/C, Rear window wiper and A/C fan speed when turned off kills the engine

2000 MB ML 320 w163
Man-O-Man, Did I ever Royaly Screw up. Had been having an A/C issue. After ordering a new hose due to previous owner/mechanic galing the threads for the Trinary sensor. Then 3 sensors later would not screw on to the new hose. I finally got out my "measure it twice and cut it once" tool. I found that a 3/8x24 die cut new threads on the the axcess port and the sensor now fits well. After a good vacume pumping I and able to add 1 cn/12 oz 134a. Since I do not have way to force the required amt. of freon into the system I have to like all the other cars I have owned, I have to have the compressor on to finish up the remaining 14oz in to the suction side while running. I KNOW I KNOW. but that has worked for me since we where using 12 in auto systems, 100%sucess rate with 12 and 134a since the early 80's.
I have used this method 2x on this SUV while trying to get the Trinary on to evaluate if it was that sensor or a module failure. I have it it scanned by a Pro Indie shop and it had previously showed what might be the sensor failure so my quest has been to at least get a new undamaged sensor in place then check for AAM? failure.
In this prodedure I may have stuck my finger where it didn't belong. Now the Compressor runs, however If the rear wiper switch or the A/C switch or the A/C interior fan switch gets turned off the engine dies, door locks flip up and down and this is beyond aggrivating and is down right dangerous to drive.
My question , has anyone else had something like this happen. My hope is there might be some codes to clear that I can't get to. My OBD2 is a cheappie and at this tiime does not show any codes but I know a Hi dollar scanner would find them. Or is my glass only 1/2 full and I really now have a waded up mess of melted wires and totally fried module.
Any help or input gladly accepted,,, please be nice. Im great with my 95 F150 but relativly new to MB's