M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML 320 (2002) Cupholder pins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML-320 2002
ML 320 (2002) Cupholder pins

Hi there,

I am fixing the front passenger side cupholder on my 2002 ML320 that has small plastic pins on either side that secure it to the housing. One of the pins has broken and needs a replacement. Does anyone have a parts number or know where I can find a generic for these small plastic securing pins?

Here is where they are inserted.

Thanks for your time.
Old 07-01-2024, 01:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2000 ML 320/95 Ford F150 4x4/Harley Davidson 03 FLHRCI in vivid black
Question

Originally Posted by edmundweir
Hi there,

I am fixing the front passenger side cupholder on my 2002 ML320 that has small plastic pins on either side that secure it to the housing. One of the pins has broken and needs a replacement. Does anyone have a parts number or know where I can find a generic for these small plastic securing pins?

Thanks for your time.
Oh what a pain in the behind that would be. Within the last 3 months my same cup holder would not stay shut. I dismanteled to the extent you did, all parts looked generaly well and in place. I used a small amt. of silicon gel on the moving parts and got it back together without breaking anything, Then 3 oz. of nerve medicine. You might try the dealership but be prepaired to pay $$$$$$$$$$$, next find a junk yard, lastly look on ebay or a local auto parts shop for a various selection of push pin retainers and that may require a smidge of modification. Also you might serarch FPC Euro, Pelican, or AutoHaus. . If I run across a number or better option, I'll holler at ya
Old 07-01-2024, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edmundweir
Hi there,

Thanks for your time.
I couldn’t find any diagrams showing the internal cup holder assembly for MY2000. I did a McGiver using a plastic dowel from a Legos set, it’s not like new but it functions, good luck!
Old 07-08-2024, 02:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2000 ML 320/95 Ford F150 4x4/Harley Davidson 03 FLHRCI in vivid black
Originally Posted by ML Dude
I couldn’t find any diagrams showing the internal cup holder assembly for MY2000. I did a McGiver using a plastic dowel from a Legos set, it’s not like new but it functions, good luck!
Hey Bro. Sometimes we have to outwit the engineers. Hats off, thumbs up and keep the faith. You are getting the skinny of owning an older Benz. Wish us luck. I hate to say it but junkyards and ebay has become my best friend