M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Saturday's piddling around at the shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 04:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Saturday's piddling around at the shop

Well I finally rememered to do the SCN coding on my engine computer. Now it will pass inspection as we have OBD2 testing here, and no coding means the computer never sets the readiness codes. I dunno why I forgot about it for so long.
I installed the Satellite radio module, but not the antenna. I am waiting for a new MCS unit to arrive for this, and I am not drilling till its in my hands! In anticipation of the new MCS, I removed tele-aid from the D2B ring, it will no longer serve a purpose there with the new MCS. While I had the seat up, I installed a voice module. Neat little thing, hell it only cost $10 for the lever, the rest was aquired through the advantage of working at the dealer.
Its funny how the MCS recognizes the SAT module optically, and its version coded to accept it, but it does not function.... It even sets a fault code for the antenna. Keep in mind when removing tele-aid optically, that you need to adjust version coding in the MCS or it will display an error message. With information services having been discontinued, there is no reason for it to be there, it can only cause a problem. The unit is otherwise hardwired, and fully functional without the optical connection.
My wheels and tires await mounting, and I picked up some theft resistant valve caps with the blue mercedes wreath.
I hope pics are not too far off, but the rims may not go on for some time.

Anybody got ideas as to where to put a magnetic mount satellite antenna? I am leaning towards just using the factory style one due to the roof mounting not being so visible.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
great! I am waiting for pics. the antenna... how about inside the front dash? no drilling necessaryt and reception is awesome.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
look at my sound domain site, you really dont need to drill drill to run the wire through. Take some tin snips and cut a little piece out under the weather stripping in the hatch area, and then file it down. You can put some strip caulk over it and its as good as never having touched it. Youll also be be able to run the wire under the plastic molding at the top of the rear hatch area so it doesnt show.