M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Satellite radio up and running!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 07:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Satellite radio up and running!

I installed it last week, but since I was pulling roadside duty I didn't get to play with it until tonight on the way home.
Installation of the antenna is very nerve wracking, as the roof flexes downward as you are drilling. You DO NOT want to hit the headliner! Accessing the antenna hole is a PITA, I had to use my Skewdriver to tighten it through the hole for the rear dome lamp. Hole placement is CRITICAL. Too far forward and you are in to the grooves in the roof. Too far back and it will hit the GPS antenna. You don't have much room to fudge. Its been watertight so far, and I don't expect any problems from that.
The module mounts to the CD changer bracket, and all the connections were quite simple. My ML was missing one of the plastic locks for the satellite antenna connection in the roof, but I had a spare. Tape would have worked just as well if you didn't have one.
The antenna is not very noticeable up on the roof, reception was flawless. I enjoy it very much so far! Every time they finished a good song, flipping to the next channel had another playing!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 ML500 SE
I just had my Sirius installed at the dealership, and the install has been great so far. I really like the integration with the MCS unit. Is yours the OEM package or a different one? If it's the OEM, did it come with the 14 month subscription included?
Old 01-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Almost a Member!

Can you please post pics of antenna install, thanks.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:35 PM

Mine is an OEM install.... Will get pics hopefully soon.
I do have the 14 month free thing, all the recievers supposedly come with this for mercedes. I have mine set up under a dealer demo account right now, so I am not using that time yet.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 ML430
Originally Posted by saturnstyl
Mine is an OEM install.... Will get pics hopefully soon.
I do have the 14 month free thing, all the recievers supposedly come with this for mercedes. I have mine set up under a dealer demo account right now, so I am not using that time yet.
AHHH the perks of working for the dealership.........
Old 01-13-2005, 06:16 PM

gonna be buying my ML500 next month just paid the last lease payment on my DISCO II . I have a MYFI xm radio and was wondering How I would hook it up in the ML is there something I can get and plug it into the back of the car i see that the radio of the one I test drove at the dealship had SAT on it but didnt have sat radio???

thansk head of time

-JAY
Old 01-13-2005, 06:36 PM

Satellite radio for an ML is a dealer installed accessory only. Mercedes uses Sirius as the provider. If you want to use XM, you will have to add an aftermarket system and you won't be able to use the radio controls for it.
The OEM system is fully integrated, and fully warranteed.

Trending Topics

Old 01-13-2005, 08:16 PM
GGM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by Strandid00
gonna be buying my ML500 next month just paid the last lease payment on my DISCO II . I have a MYFI xm radio and was wondering How I would hook it up in the ML is there something I can get and plug it into the back of the car i see that the radio of the one I test drove at the dealship had SAT on it but didnt have sat radio???

thansk head of time

-JAY
You could just use an fm modulator to broadcast to the fm radio. I think the MyFi has it built in. Or, I think most of the newer MB's have an aux input in the glovebox. Don't know for sure if the ML has the aux. It may depend on which radio you get. You may want to search these boards for others who have XM radio and how they have done it.

I have a Roady2 in my '03 C240. I just plug it into the cigarette lighter and have it broadcast to my fm radio. I don't have the aux in. But, it works great. Love my XM. HTH

GGM
Old 01-14-2005, 03:22 PM

99 ML430
what is the price?

what is the price on dealer installed satellite radio?
Old 12-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Almost a Member!

$928 plus tax