M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

l.a.t.c.h. system questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 ML350, 2005 C320
l.a.t.c.h. system questions

hi all.........

a few questions from a new dad....

can you put a latch car seat in any of the seats, my wife wants it in the middle and there are no connectors that i can find so i have to "borrow" one from the left and right seat. if not in the middle do the side airbags pose a danger? also does anyone know any tricks to getting an infant seat (peg pergo with a seperate base unit) in and out.....i have fooled with the third row access seat on the passager side but can seem to utilize it to help my 5' tall wife get the baby's seat into the middle postion. any insight would be greatly appriecated.
rudy

Last edited by rudy; 02-27-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:29 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
Originally Posted by rudy
hi all.........

a few questions from a new dad....

can you put a latch car seat in any of the seats, my wife wants it in the middle and there are no connectors that i can find so i have to "borrow" one from the left and right seat. if not in the middle do the side airbags pose a danger? also does anyone know any tricks to getting an infant seat (peg pergo with a seperate base unit) in and out.....i have fooled with the third row access seat on the passager side but can seem to utilize it to help my 5' tall wife get the baby's seat into the middle postion. any insight would be greatly appriecated.
rudy

Hi. We have an 04 ML350 with a thrid row seat and have a child seat in the middle row in the center position and have had little trouble moving it in and out. I'm not sure what trouble you're having regarding that. Please elaborate.

Regarding the latch system, there isn't one in the middle position. We use the shoulder/lap belt instead. The Peg Perego has an alternate fastening system which will allow you to utilize a shoulder belt instead of the latch system.

Our second row bench has a lever which allows you to move it back and forth in two positions--allowing for more or less room in the third row. We had to move it forward since we have one child in the third row, which made it more difficult to remove the infant seat in and out of the middle position. So we also moved the front passenger seat forward to allow for more room. Is this perhaps similar to what you're experiencing?
Old 03-01-2005, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 ML350, 2005 C320
ok

thanks hecdog

i am assuming from your post that you also find the middle of the row the best for the car seat......so with that in mind she will just have to deal with it until we trade...by the way does anyone know if the rear seats in the w164 are any more child seat friendly in height and/or set up? just curious. thanks again.

rudy