M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Wife Wants ML...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 '06
Wife Wants ML...

When I told my wife I want to upgrade from my car into another AMG model she told me I can't until I get her a new SUV. So now I'm in the market for the ML which we test drove the 350 today and she absolutely loves it as do I!

However, I really want the ML500 but with the options/terms I want, do you think I can get my payments at $1000 a month out the door (incl. tax)?

Here's what I'm looking for...
ML500 Black on Black (Premium, Comfort, Lighting, Entertainment, Air Suspension, Sunroof Packages) + Parktronic, Sirius Satellite Radio, Heated Front Seats, Thermatronic Tri-Zone Climate Control)

So pretty much loaded.

I wanted to put as little down as possible (maybe $2K) and lease it for 2 years (ideally) maybe 3 years.

Is this possible? Or can I only get this with an ML350?

Nick
PS I'm gonna call the dealership back and see what the "Costco discount" will give me.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
My ML500 has a similar spec to what you want. My lease pmts for a 48 mo lease are way below the grand a month and they include the damned 9% PA tax on leases. Remember though, it does not pay to lease unless you have a business write off for the vehicle.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:24 AM

'03-ML350 'inspiration'
Originally Posted by Nickerz
When I told my wife I want to upgrade from my car into another AMG model she told me I can't until I get her a new SUV. So now I'm in the market for the ML which we test drove the 350 today and she absolutely loves it as do I!

However, I really want the ML500 but with the options/terms I want, do you think I can get my payments at $1000 a month out the door (incl. tax)?

Here's what I'm looking for...
ML500 Black on Black (Premium, Comfort, Lighting, Entertainment, Air Suspension, Sunroof Packages) + Parktronic, Sirius Satellite Radio, Heated Front Seats, Thermatronic Tri-Zone Climate Control)

So pretty much loaded.

I wanted to put as little down as possible (maybe $2K) and lease it for 2 years (ideally) maybe 3 years.

Is this possible? Or can I only get this with an ML350?

Nick
PS I'm gonna call the dealership back and see what the "Costco discount" will give me.
...Buy her the Smart one, mate!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GL350, 2015 750i
Lately, I've read about guys getting their MLs for less than invoice (no such luck for me, I paid $1K over invoice). However, I'd wait to see how the GL does. I seriously think the GL450 will cannibalize sales of the ML500 leading to some pretty good deals. If I had known the GL450 was only going to be $5K more than the ML500, I would've waited.

If the ML is going to be for your wife, get the ML350... that'll leave you more $$ available for an AMG
Old 05-02-2006, 02:19 PM

'03-ML350 'inspiration'
Tell her how fortunate she is--to be given the opportunity to discover the wonderful things in your coexistence...
...Give her the Smart car!...
...Pimp yours to an AMG!

"Do it!" - Ben Stiller [Starsky & Hutch]
Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 PM

Consider yourself lucky, my wife insisted on/got a Hummer! Now my side of the garage is piled up with all the stuff that I had been gradually moving over to her side.

Anyway, you should be able to do much, much better especially in CA with so many dealers around. Do the leg-work and it will pay off big-time.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:16 PM

ML350 '06
I heard back from a dealer today that had an ML500 with almost everything I wanted (minus the Air Suspension Package) and assured me that getting my payment under $1K a month won't be a problem.

My wife is so excited! We'll see if this deal goes through as they also said I'd be getting the Costco discount!

Anything else I should be aware of?
Old 05-04-2006, 10:01 AM

I heard back from a dealer today that had an ML500 with almost everything I wanted (minus the Air Suspension Package) and assured me that getting my payment under $1K a month won't be a problem.

My wife is so excited! We'll see if this deal goes through as they also said I'd be getting the Costco discount!

You should be aware of yourself. Do not negotiate by "monthly payments".
costco discount is BS these days. It is invoice plus + $500-1000.
ML's have been selling for a lot less than invoice since last summer.
I suspect with the gas prices...
Old 05-04-2006, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2

If I were you I would get the Airmatic. I have it and its well worth the price. You should be able to get into one with it for under the grand a month. Remember also that if you are a top tier credit you can reduce your lease pmts by putting up a substancial refundable deposit at the onset of the lease. The savings are far more than you would receive in interest from a short term investment.