M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Anybody has Bluetooth kit yet?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 ML350 / 06 C230 6spd
Thumbs up Anybody has Bluetooth kit yet?????

Hi everyone! I just went over the accessory catalog for the ML today and saw a Bluetooth intergration kit for the new M-Class.

http://wireless4mb.com (more info can be found here)

I'm so tempting to get it, anybody has one already? Any feedback????

How much does it cost to get it installed. I don't have the cellphone craddle yet. So it looks like they will need to do a bit of wiring for my car.

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:41 AM

C230 2005
I posted this in a couple of ther threads so at the risk of being redundant here is what I found for my 2005 C230. Three parts including the bluetooth adapter $1,140, labor $575. They first checked to see if I had the right wiring in the side of the trunk as mine is a very early 2005 and they were in transition I guess. I f you already have a phone cradle installed and operating in your car all you need is the $350 bluetooth adapter that goes where your phone clipped into the car.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:44 PM

06 ML350 / 06 C230 6spd
bluetooth kit

Hi there, thanks for your reply on the bluetooth kit. My car doesn't have the factory phone craddle. I went to dealership and they quoted me a sky rocket price of $2800 installed.

Can you tell me where you got your parts?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2006, 10:12 PM

C230 2005
I got these prices from Mercedes of Lynnwood in Lynnwood, WA.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Bluetooth Confusion

I am a bit confused re the Bluetooth kit. I have been told that the phone will not charge while in the arm rest cradle. Others have told me that it will ??? Whats the correct story here??
Old 05-19-2006, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Realster
Hi there, thanks for your reply on the bluetooth kit. My car doesn't have the factory phone craddle. I went to dealership and they quoted me a sky rocket price of $2800 installed.

Can you tell me where you got your parts?

Thanks
The MSRP for the W164 MHI phone kit is $923. After it's installed you'll also need a cradle $220 or the Bluetooth Module $350, either way, they just click in. Oh, and a retail handset too if you don't have a compatible one already. Labor should be 1.5 hours or less.

If you use the MB system, you'll never be happy with an aftermarket unit again!

Why not shop a few MB dealers until you find one that'll do it for a more realistic $1,500 or so? At that price, it's worth every penny!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 PM

MBs
Originally Posted by sosh
I am a bit confused re the Bluetooth kit. I have been told that the phone will not charge while in the arm rest cradle. Others have told me that it will ??? Whats the correct story here??
There are two options. Both plug into the MHI plug installed in the ML.

The Bluetooth Interface Puck will connect the phone but not charge it.

The MHI Interface Cradle will charge the phone but have no Bluetooth.

PS. My phone info page is here:

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/phones.html
Old 05-19-2006, 01:57 PM

MBs

This is the Bluetooth Interface Puck.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:32 PM

I have UHI

Wolfwang, I have an UHI kit instead of MHI, will it work the same or do I have to wait for the UHI BLuetooth to come out in Europe?

J
Old 05-19-2006, 06:03 PM

Just unclick your current UHI cradle and click in the MB part number B67875839 MHI Bluetooth Interface Module. You'll be good to go!

MHI is just the US sales name for the European UHI name (same system).

The only problem is that the above part is not sold outside of the US yet so you'll have to find a local dealer here in the States that will mail-order one to you.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C300 Cabriolet
I just had the MHI bluetooth installed in my car. I love it. it does have a few drawbacks.. unless you turn it off when leaving the car your cell phone does not disconnect until you are more than 30 feet away. so if you are like me when I get home and put my car in the garage, when my cell phone rings it gets answered in the car. hense you have to remember to turn it off.
I did not get the voice call feature which I regret
Old 01-06-2007, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
I have it too. Right now I'm using an LG VX8500 (Chocolate) and it works for the most part. I know that it is not officially supported, so it does not surprise me that I am having some problems. I'm going to add a line and get a RAZR or E815, and that should solve most of my problems.

Occasionally, the phone will display that it has connected, but if I receive or try to send a call, it will go through the phone only. Sometimes I have to hit the TEL button and turn it off, then back on again for it to register. Also, no phonebook download. Overall quality of the voice is good, and the integration in to the COMAND is a major plus.

Pay close attention to the list of supported phones at wireless4mb.com. I do with they had a better Bluetooth implementation, but it is better than nothing.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 E450 4Matic
really?

Originally Posted by theteeman
I just had the MHI bluetooth installed in my car. I love it. it does have a few drawbacks.. unless you turn it off when leaving the car your cell phone does not disconnect until you are more than 30 feet away. so if you are like me when I get home and put my car in the garage, when my cell phone rings it gets answered in the car. hense you have to remember to turn it off.
I did not get the voice call feature which I regret

Odd. How does your bluetooth mod get needed power to stay connected when your car is turned off???

I have the module in both my 07 ML350 and 07 SL550. No such problem with my moto Razr. Plus, both me and the wife have the Razr, and each car knows the particular phone, and downloads the phonebooks when we use either car. This feature works fantasically! Thank you Mercedes for finally getting phones right.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C300 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by tomd
Odd. How does your bluetooth mod get needed power to stay connected when your car is turned off???

I have the module in both my 07 ML350 and 07 SL550. No such problem with my moto Razr. Plus, both me and the wife have the Razr, and each car knows the particular phone, and downloads the phonebooks when we use either car. This feature works fantasically! Thank you Mercedes for finally getting phones right.
hi Tom
maybe they solved the problem in the 07, I have the 06, I have the latest verizon motokrzr.. for the life of me I cannot figure out why mercedes gives you 30 feet for bluetooth. that means if you are standing within 30 feet of your car you have to make a mad dash to the car to answer your call.
I don't know how it gets its power, but it does stay on.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 E450 4Matic
More power!!!

Originally Posted by theteeman
hi Tom
maybe they solved the problem in the 07, I have the 06, I have the latest verizon motokrzr.. for the life of me I cannot figure out why mercedes gives you 30 feet for bluetooth. that means if you are standing within 30 feet of your car you have to make a mad dash to the car to answer your call.
I don't know how it gets its power, but it does stay on.
Must be your car supplies the module with power 100% of the time. Sounds like most of your problems might be solved if you had them change the power supply so that turning the car off, shuts off the bluetooth module.

a 30 foot range may seem excessive, but the extra power is welcomed when my phone is buried in my briefcase, in my trunk, and it still connects perfectly.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 C320 Sport, 2006 ML350 (the wife)
Hey everyone, I have the BT puck installed on both of my MB's. I, too am not using an "officially certified" phone (Palm Treo 700P) so I miss out on the ability to download the phone book. When my Treo went out, I had to temporarily go back to the Moto 700-something or other that I had originally purchased from the MB dealer with the MHI interface (just before the BT puck came out) and I can tell you that complete BT functionality was there (all my contacts downloaded, call history, etc.)

Power remains simply because the COMAND system has access to a constant power supply (i.e. not needing the key in the ignition). I found this out only recently when I was wiping down the dash and accidentally hit the power button turning the COMAND system on.