M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Power seat problem (2nd time)2006 ML350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
Power seat problem (2nd time)2006 ML350

2 Weeks ago I go in my car in the morning try to move the seats and nothing, so the first thing I do is go for the fuses. I find a blown fuse change it go back to the car press the seat switch and it moved like an inch and stopped. I go back to the fuse panel look at the fuse and it was blown again so i did not even bother changing it i went straight to the dealer(Silver Star in Norhern Blvd. in Long Island City NY). My advisoor tells me to wait for the car that is probably the seat switch that makes the short and that they had problem like that already an a diferent ML and it will take 2 hours to fix it so I said ok I wait. After an hour she comes back to me and tells me the car will have to stay there because its not the seat switch but some kind of module and they dont have that part in stock. I said do I get a loaner for the time being and she told me that first of all the car has to be there for at least 3 days and that my car had to be purchased from them in order to get the loaner. I said ok at least call me a cab to go back home. Next day I call them like in the afternoon and ask whats up with my car and she said thet they still did not have the part but it should be there shortly to call back at 5pm, so I call back at 5pm ask if my car is ready and she said no its notready but I can pick it up next day in the morning. I go there next morning at 10am I see the car is ready pick it up and seat work like they should. Now 2 weeks passed and today I get in the car try to move the seats and nothing look at the same fuse and its blow. Will go back to the dealer monday see if this time i can get a loaner because last time it took 3 days to have my car ready
Old 12-16-2006, 04:50 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLE 580 | 2020 Ram 1500 Limited
spelling

That really shows how all the dealers are different in customer service relations. I bought my car and service it through Ray Catena. Every time you go there there is hot and cold drinks and food. bagels and rolls in the morning or finger sandwiches around lunch time. It doesnt matter what kind of service your car is there for you will get a loaner if you want one. This does include minor items such as oil changes that take an hour or two. If you prefer to stay they have some games a tv, a putting range thing etc. they even have a shoe shine guy.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
I requested a loaner car last saturday and the advisor said when something is avialibe she will call me, its friday already and still no call from them. THIS SUCKS I think KIA has better service than them