M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

quick hurry, get a job with bmw...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2007 | 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

89 300TE, and 68 280sel
Originally Posted by AsianML
Bye-bye.

Last edited by myfirstbenz; 01-12-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-13-2007 | 04:26 AM

W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
Originally Posted by AsianML

Guess what the symbol of the religion I follow is?

I know this thread has deviated from it's orginal post but AsianML, why is your Svastika that you posted facing the wrong way? If you are buddhist, it should be left facing as this has been borrowed from hinduism. As for the panzer avatar...it is banned in Germany but we are in America are we not. Making a huge assumption here but I don't believe he is being malevolent just unfortunately indifferent.
Jay
Old 01-13-2007 | 06:11 AM

2025 E450 4Matic
Originally Posted by koobah
Just keep your religion to yourself so you're not offending anyone. I'm out of this forum.
keep your demands to yourself. good riddance
Old 01-13-2007 | 06:43 AM

W211 / E280
All of you boneheads that are crying nonsense about the symbols above, when you come to Jakarta feel free to stay with us, this is the bathroom in the spare bedroom, feel free to come by and "wash away" your ill feelings anytime

Old 01-13-2007 | 11:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by saffrontiger
I know this thread has deviated from it's orginal post but AsianML, why is your Svastika that you posted facing the wrong way? If you are buddhist, it should be left facing as this has been borrowed from hinduism. As for the panzer avatar...it is banned in Germany but we are in America are we not. Making a huge assumption here but I don't believe he is being malevolent just unfortunately indifferent.
Jay
I honestly forget which direction it goes. I heard it could vary from each region of Asia, but I'm not sure if this holds true. I'll find out for sure on February 18.
Old 01-13-2007 | 01:40 PM

W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
All of you boneheads that are crying nonsense about the symbols above, when you come to Jakarta feel free to stay with us, this is the bathroom in the spare bedroom, feel free to come by and "wash away" your ill feelings anytime

You are obviously baiting Jakarta. Your insensitivity and lack of maturity is well demonstrated. Offensive and pathetic. Take your neo-**** bull**** off this forum and focus on what we love here...Mercedes.
Jay
Old 01-13-2007 | 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

89 300TE, and 68 280sel
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat

I thought you were muslim, maybe I am not remembering correctly. Or maybe that was your wife who was muslim?
Old 01-17-2007 | 08:33 PM

E220cdi Estate Avantgarde March 2008
Originally Posted by saffrontiger
As for the panzer avatar...it is banned in Germany but we are in America are we not. Making a huge assumption here but I don't believe he is being malevolent just unfortunately indifferent.
Jay
1. No we are not in America. We are on Benzworld which is a world Mercedes website. It is widely read in Britain and Europe as well as in the US.
2. MyFirstBenz is well aware that his logo will be seen as offensive by many, many people, but clearly does not care. Sad. He says he only wants to talk a shared love of Mercedes, but knows only too well that the offensive logo will cause anger and interfere with any hope he ever has of putting over his views.
3. I am very sad to see AsianML, who I thought would have better taste, supporting what is bound to be seen as truly offensive by large numbers of people.
Old 01-17-2007 | 08:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by hawk20
3. I am very sad to see AsianML, who I thought would have better taste, supporting what is bound to be seen as truly offensive by large numbers of people.
I do not support his choosing that picture for his avatar, but I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch over it either. If you all truly think it's offensive and should be taken down, then contact a moderator or administrator. We do not have the power to have his avatar removed; the administrators do.
Old 01-17-2007 | 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
1. No we are not in America. We are on Benzworld which is a world Mercedes website. It is widely read in Britain and Europe as well as in the US.
2. MyFirstBenz is well aware that his logo will be seen as offensive by many, many people, but clearly does not care. Sad. He says he only wants to talk a shared love of Mercedes, but knows only too well that the offensive logo will cause anger and interfere with any hope he ever has of putting over his views.

Agreed, and as for Asian ML he is much too young to even realize what this offensive garbage stands for and what the people who stood behind this stuff did to so many people of so many nationalities. He thinks he knows everything but he certainly has lots to learn. However with his attitude I do not feel he will learn a thing as to learn one must listen all he does is talk.
Old 01-17-2007 | 09:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by sosh
Agreed, and as for Asian ML he is much too young to even realize what this offensive garbage stands for and what the people who stood behind this stuff did to so many people of so many nationalities. He thinks he knows everything but he certainly has lots to learn. However with his attitude I do not feel he will learn a thing as to learn one must listen all he does is talk.
When did I ever say I know everything? If I know everything, explain to me why I still have to attend school. Why have I not dropped out and become the next Einstein? You sure do love putting words into my mouth, don't you?

I've got advice for you sosh. Use them if you think it's necessary.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (401.3 KB, 151 views)
Old 01-18-2007 | 12:03 PM

2025 E450 4Matic
Originally Posted by sosh
However with his attitude I do not feel he will learn a thing as to learn one must listen all he does is talk.
Talk about the pot, calling the kettle black.

I do, so much, dislike being preached to.
Old 01-18-2007 | 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

89 300TE, and 68 280sel
Originally Posted by tomd

I do, so much, dislike being preached to.
Well put. I feel the same way.

BTW, new bigger avatars, isn't that great
Old 01-18-2007 | 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Sosh...you can't really be serious??

I mean...first off, this is the internet, so chill. Second, I don't find myfirstbenz's avatar offensive at all. It fit's his theme, and he is not trying to preclude anyone. Are you even Jewish? Or are you one of those that get offended because someone else is offended? Honestly, it doesn't make the world a better place.

If someone were to have the Rising Sun flag as his avatar, you can trust on me not to be offended...so Japan brutally murdered thousands of innocent Chinese, you can't keep blaming them forever.

Sorry I had to jump in on this...I just cannot stand "righteous" people.
Old 01-18-2007 | 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

89 300TE, and 68 280sel
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Sosh...you can't really be serious??

I mean...first off, this is the internet, so chill. Second, I don't find myfirstbenz's avatar offensive at all. It fit's his theme, and he is not trying to preclude anyone. Are you even Jewish? Or are you one of those that get offended because someone else is offended? Honestly, it doesn't make the world a better place.

If someone were to have the Rising Sun flag as his avatar, you can trust on me not to be offended...so Japan brutally murdered thousands of innocent Chinese, you can't keep blaming them forever.

Sorry I had to jump in on this...I just cannot stand "righteous" people.
I was thinking the same thing about the japanese flag earlier, even the US flag could represent autrocities against humanity. Oh well. I like my new avatar better for now.

Some people
Old 01-18-2007 | 09:08 PM

E220cdi Estate Avantgarde March 2008
Originally Posted by myfirstbenz
Oh well. I like my new avatar better for now.
Well done for responding to other people's feelings.

To those who say why bother:- because that is what civilised sensitive people do.
Old 01-18-2007 | 09:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Well done for responding to other people's feelings.

To those who say why bother:- because that is what civilised sensitive people do.
Don't just b**** and moan about it. Take action.