M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Dislikes in the ML350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by arbittan
Hmmm... I have a choice here, I could:

A. Fall into sosh's trap (Since he can't get a hint that his advise or lack of advise is poor and ill mannered.)

or

B. Completely ignore him and see what other problems/issues people have with their car.

I am going with "B".

I am going to call a few dealers in the morning and see how much the A service is going to cost through them and if they offer a loaner. Hopefully I can get them to look into the other issues the car is having.
There is no trap here, its good to see that you are going with a proactive approach. Hope you find a good dealer and that should change your entire ownership experience.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took my car in today for service. I went to a new dealer that is further from my home but so far so good. They don't cover loaner cars, but they did give me a discount rate. So here is what is being done:

- Replace Wood Trim on Driver Side Door
- Find and fix electrical noise coming from car after engine is off and has been sitting for a while.
- Find and fix squeaking noise coming from car when going over bumps.
- Replace IR Key (Plastic around button cracking)
- Fix Radio Static Noise

Do you guys know of anything else that might need to be done on the car while in?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLE 350 W4, 2016 C 300, 2012 E 350 W4 Lux, 2006 ML 350
Trade it for something with what you want. It's like renovating a house. Sometimes its just easier to move
Old 04-08-2007, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news guys!

The new dealer I took it to really made some new strides for me.

- They ordered a new Wood Grain Kit for my door under warranty
- Did my Service B
- They caught a flaw on my key (it was cracked around the buttons) and ordered a replacement.

They couldn't find any of the other problems but did not discount them from happening. They would like me to come back when I could spend a few hours with them to do a test drive.

I got a loaner car from them without charge, the service manager informed me that they do not do this for cars purchased outside of their dealership but he made an exception. Unfortunately they do not use MB for loaners, they use Enterprise which uses Nissan. Enterprise won't give you a MB without an upgrade price. I paid the extra though

He provided me an update at the end of the day (I am use to Acura providing a Mid-Day update) so I was a little antsy. No big deal, he gave me what he learned so far on my vehicle and informed me all the updates are current for my model. The wood and key won't be in for a few days so I informed him that I will pick up the car and wait for a call when those parts arrive.

In terms of service, so far this new dealer is making better strides than the original dealer ever did.

I will keep you posted when I take it in again to get the other stuff put in.