M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Well, it does actually work!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Well, it does actually work!!

Driving along today the tire pressure warning lit up in red and beeped. I pulled into a gas station, walked around the car and noted the Left front tire appeared a bit soft. Put a gage on it and it was down to 22lbs. Looked further and noted a nail in the middle area of the tread. Station was a gas only place so I put some air into it and continued to another station where they repaired it. Reset the warning indicator and I was on my way. So, it does work as advertised. saved me quite a bit of grief.

Last edited by sosh; 03-26-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear
Old 03-27-2007, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sosh
Driving along today the tire pressure warning lit up in red and beeped. I pulled into a gas station, walked around the car and noted the Left front tire appeared a bit soft. Put a gage on it and it was down to 22lbs. Looked further and noted a nail in the middle area of the tread. Station was a gas only place so I put some air into it and continued to another station where they repaired it. Reset the warning indicator and I was on my way. So, it does work as advertised. saved me quite a bit of grief.
I hope someone slashes all your tires tomorrow
Old 03-27-2007, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
I hope someone slashes all your tires tomorrow
Thats a bit harsh! cant see how this can possibly be taken as funny even though there is a smiley face after it!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by manx_ML
Thats a bit harsh! cant see how this can possibly be taken as funny even though there is a smiley face after it!
Thank you!! I just ignore the children on this site.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by manx_ML
Sosh Knows Why
Old 03-27-2007, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sosh Knows Why
Actually, I have no idea and do not even know who you are nor do I care.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually, I have no idea and do not even know who you are nor do I care.

This is why......*******

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164...-hre-647r.html
Old 03-29-2007, 11:00 PM

2006 ML500
How it works

It's even cleverer when you find out how it works. I had a similar experience (it picked up a slow leak long before the tire ever looked flat. In fact I got the message and thought it was a false alarm given all the other problems I've had with my car.)

I assumed it worked by the suspension picking height diferences in the wheels, but the dealer told me it picks up the rotation speed difference between the wheels. If one tire is a bit flat it will have to rotate quicker to keep up. The sensor measures this.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:13 AM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
Nice to hear that it works. I've had simmilar experience
Old 04-17-2007, 05:31 PM

07 mars red C230 sport sedan
Originally Posted by sydunipete
It's even cleverer when you find out how it works. I had a similar experience (it picked up a slow leak long before the tire ever looked flat. In fact I got the message and thought it was a false alarm given all the other problems I've had with my car.)

I assumed it worked by the suspension picking height diferences in the wheels, but the dealer told me it picks up the rotation speed difference between the wheels. If one tire is a bit flat it will have to rotate quicker to keep up. The sensor measures this.
im not gonna pretend to guess about the MB systems, but if it goes by rotating quicker you would get the message every time the tire spun, correct? im sure it works the same way the GM ones do on all the vehicles they sell with them. our impala cop cars and my now traded in corvette had a sensor made into the valve stem that measured the actual pressure and worked wirelessly. im sure MB has something similar and not rotating quicker. if u think about it just turning a corner makes the outside rear tire rotate quicker than the inside tire- otehrwise the inside tire would be spinnging since that side of the car isnt going forward as fast. think about it. anywya, the GM one on my vette actually put the real time pressure for each tire on the Info center, which im suprised MB hasnt done too.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Yeah the TPMS that uses a valve stem sensor is actual tire pressure. I didn't know about the other rotational speed measure, that means no sensors in the actual wheel are needed, can just use the existing wheel speed sensor.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 ML-350 and 2007 ML-350
Originally Posted by 07marsredc230
im not gonna pretend to guess about the MB systems, but if it goes by rotating quicker you would get the message every time the tire spun, correct? im sure it works the same way the GM ones do on all the vehicles they sell with them. our impala cop cars and my now traded in corvette had a sensor made into the valve stem that measured the actual pressure and worked wirelessly. im sure MB has something similar and not rotating quicker. if u think about it just turning a corner makes the outside rear tire rotate quicker than the inside tire- otehrwise the inside tire would be spinnging since that side of the car isnt going forward as fast. think about it. anywya, the GM one on my vette actually put the real time pressure for each tire on the Info center, which im suprised MB hasnt done too.
With 4Matic when will the wheels spin?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW E30. I've turned to the dark side.
Originally Posted by Kar don
Yeah the TPMS that uses a valve stem sensor is actual tire pressure. I didn't know about the other rotational speed measure, that means no sensors in the actual wheel are needed, can just use the existing wheel speed sensor.
just plain TPM uses wheel speed. the system is "smart" enough to ignore differences in speed when cornering etc. both systems are thorns in my side, that and ignorant owners who dont read in their owners manuals how to use them.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by benz-tech
just plain TPM uses wheel speed. the system is "smart" enough to ignore differences in speed when cornering etc. both systems are thorns in my side, that and ignorant owners who dont read in their owners manuals how to use them.
I agree re reading the manual. If more people did they would enjoy their vehicle more and many of the complaints would end if they had an idea about how the vehicle worked. I certainly would not climb into an aircraft without a thorough understanding about the systems, proceedures, etc and that entails knowing whats in the manual.
As for you Blue Whatever your name is, I had a second look at your wheels and they appear even uglier the second time. You can't even get the color of your ML correct in your signature... "Arctic Rain" no such color!! Must be Daddy's car.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Retiree
With 4Matic when will the wheels spin?
Old 05-16-2007, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As for you Blue Whatever your name is, I had a second look at your wheels and they appear even uglier the second time. You can't even get the color of your ML correct in your signature... "Arctic Rain" no such color!! Must be Daddy's car.
Daddys car I dont think so Im 23, I actually pay for my car, its under my name alone, and I also bought my dads SL 500 for him, so go screw yourself. I think we have a case of 63 Envy. HREs ugly?? You are in a class of your own on that one. There is a reason why the HRE cost more than any other wheel on the market. Take your opinion and stick it really far up your ***. BTW. the color is right, but it doesnt come on the 500 or the 350.
Dont get me started, I will rip you a new one.

I think your just mad that your mother was sodomized by wild elephants.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Daddys car I dont think so Im 23, I actually pay for my car, its under my name alone, and I also bought my dads SL 500 for him, so go screw yourself. I think we have a case of 63 Envy. HREs ugly?? You are in a class of your own on that one. There is a reason why the HRE cost more than any other wheel on the market. Take your opinion and stick it really far up your ***. BTW. the color is right, but it doesnt come on the 500 or the 350.
Dont get me started, I will rip you a new one.

I think your just mad that your mother was sodomized by wild elephants.

Believe me there is absolutly no envy of you at all. Why would anyone be envious of a 23 year old with a foul mouth that has no concept of taste. I thought you were a child and you have proven that with your total lack of manners, taste and behavior. As for paying for the car yourself I question that unless you have inherited the money or have some sort of shall we say questionable source of income. As for the color of the car, perhaps you should know that as far as I know there is no color called Arctic Rain but then again, perhaps you can't read or comprehend.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:00 PM

1993 190E 2.6
wow

IMO -

The rims are nice. Just not on your car. That drop goes along with the rims. you drive an SUV. If you want to be a gangster put some 24's on it, if you want to rice it, put a hitch on it and tow a honda behind it. Slamming an SUV and adding the "most exspensive rims on the market" seems like should have bought a different car.

Now the color - if its artic whatever you call it. Its sick. That may be the best thing on your car. I dont care too much for your other mods.

Please dont curse at memebers. Its tacky.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Believe me there is absolutly no envy of you at all. Why would anyone be envious of a 23 year old with a foul mouth that has no concept of taste. I thought you were a child and you have proven that with your total lack of manners, taste and behavior. As for paying for the car yourself I question that unless you have inherited the money or have some sort of shall we say questionable source of income. As for the color of the car, perhaps you should know that as far as I know there is no color called Arctic Rain but then again, perhaps you can't read or comprehend.
Ok. Its Alpine rain, Whats the difference. As far as questionable income? Its people like you that dont think out of the box that think everyone else is a loser just like yourself. "Its impossible to be young and successful". I for one was NEVER handed anything and earned every penny I have. So please dont just make it easy for yourself by saying I inherited, or my daddys rich. There ARE people out there that are young and ambitious. Im sorry that time already came and went for you. Better luck next time
Old 05-18-2007, 12:10 PM

07 ML500
What happen to people these day. We're here to support each other not to each other.
Arctic rain...Alphine rain..where do they get the $$$...who cares?
As far as the taste and purpose, here in CALI we like to pimp our car...whether paople like it or not.
So cheers up and happy modding...

Last edited by Gset1064; 05-18-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:30 AM

Maturity

Ok. Its Alpine rain, Whats the difference. As far as questionable income? Its people like you that dont think out of the box that think everyone else is a loser just like yourself. "Its impossible to be young and successful". I for one was NEVER handed anything and earned every penny I have. So please dont just make it easy for yourself by saying I inherited, or my daddys rich. There ARE people out there that are young and ambitious. Im sorry that time already came and went for you. Better luck next time
Blue Monster,

I truly believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is such a thing as civility and respect. Please adhere to civilized society's norms

Thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 05:16 PM

2007 ML 500
i gotta agree with you. sosh is an *** who is jealous of the things he lacks in life. it was disrespectful for him to imply you are doing questionable things to get income.

i was only 24 when i made $278,000 in real estate commissions. i guess under his standards any young adult with more money than him did it illegally or did it via a trust fund.

oh and btw, i have a friend who has a 2006 cayenne turbo, ferrari f430, and a s63. he pays for everything himself, and do you know how he affords to pay the loan of $5800 ? he would rather spend his money on things that make him happy than putting that into a mortgage payment for a house. he rents a bedroom and parks his other cars at his folks home.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:40 AM

06 Mercedes ml 350
Thumbs down

so you are trying to say if he is 23 so he isn't able to pay these money for his car? I'm 26 y.o. I came from Russia 5 years ago; I've learned every penny myself and now I'm well respected person business owner. In your opinion I should drive 89' chevy, shouldn't I?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:25 AM

07' ML350
the old man should be b_nned. he knows too much rendering this forum useless

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, it does actually work!!