M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ML550 now back at stock height

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007 | 06:30 PM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
ML550 now back at stock height

My wife just couldn't stand the lowered vehicle, so replaced the H&R with the stock. I am still waiting for 30mm wheel spacers that are coming next week sometime. I am also still on the lookout for ml63 rims if they ever become available on ebay or I when I need to change tires. Oh well this was an expensive mistake.
Old 11-21-2007 | 07:27 PM
Almost a Member!

'08 ML320 CDI Arctic White
Originally Posted by wonsuk_utmb
.... I am also still on the lookout for ml63 rims if they ever become available on ebay or I when I need to change tires. Oh well this was an expensive mistake.
https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w164/216993-any-interest-20-ml63-amg-wheels-tires.html
Old 11-21-2007 | 07:49 PM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
He never responded to my inquiry

I posted a response to his message and he has yet to respond on the forum.
Old 11-23-2007 | 12:06 PM

2006 ML500
Curious...did your wife not like the stance, or the handling or what? I have a lowered Lightning and my wife loves it because it feels more like a car than a truck and it is easier to get into....
Old 11-23-2007 | 08:18 PM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
She just likes being higher up...

She's coming from a 2006 SL500, and immediately she loved being higher up from the ground when she got the ML550. She doesn't drive aggressively, pretty slowly around corners so the cornering improvement didn't really impress her too much. She did notice the straightline driving to be rougher, as expected.
Old 11-24-2007 | 03:13 AM

08 ML550, 08 Lancer Evolution X
how difficult is the install, trying to see if I can do it myself or will I need to take it to a shop
Old 11-24-2007 | 06:17 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
I originally..

had the dealership install it a 8 hours of shop labor. Then I had an independent shop do it for me in 6 hours. They really had some issues in terms of the front springs wanting to escape the compressor. In terms of difficulty I don't know you can actually call sheperd square tire in houston,tx (713) 526-5778. A guy named Mike is familiar with the install. Very honest and courteous guys. You do need to have the dealership perform the alignment. Alignment specs have not been released by MBUSA yet.
Old 11-24-2007 | 06:51 AM

08 ML550, 08 Lancer Evolution X
had the dealership install it a 8 hours of shop labor. Then I had an independent shop do it for me in 6 hours. They really had some issues in terms of the front springs wanting to escape the compressor. In terms of difficulty I don't know you can actually call sheperd square tire in houston,tx (713) 526-5778. A guy named Mike is familiar with the install. Very honest and courteous guys. You do need to have the dealership perform the alignment. Alignment specs have not been released by MBUSA yet.

thanks for the info, but I am in TN
Old 11-24-2007 | 08:09 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
I wasn't thinking that you were in TX...

I just thought you could give him a buzz to ask him about the difficulty of installation.
Old 11-24-2007 | 01:29 PM

2007 ML 500
sorry, but it doesn't take 8 hours of shop labor to do a spring install. the most you should have paid at the dealership was 4 hours

if you had a mbenz tech do it for you on the side, they could have knocked it out in 3 hours.
Old 11-24-2007 | 02:37 PM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
No crap...

Most mercedes dealerships are actually doing it in 6 hours, although the jerk at my dealership charged me for 8 (2 hour per spring). Because most MB dealers don't typically do aftermarket work, I really got screwed, but the work was done before I had the chance to really think about it. No independent shop could instill any confidence behind actually doing the work correctly, so I went with the dealer.
Do you actually know what you're talking about, because you keep stating your opinions like it's fact.

Last edited by wonsuk_utmb; 11-24-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-24-2007 | 07:05 PM

2007 ML 500
Most mercedes dealerships are actually doing it in 6 hours, although the jerk at my dealership charged me for 8 (2 hour per spring). Because most MB dealers don't typically do aftermarket work, I really got screwed, but the work was done before I had the chance to really think about it. No independent shop could instill any confidence behind actually doing the work correctly, so I went with the dealer.
Do you actually know what you're talking about, because you keep stating your opinions like it's fact. ***-u-me.
book time and actual times are different. you would be surprised at how fast techs are really work. they work slower since they can get more money.

my post was for the other person asking you about your install. i don't want him/her to think that 8 hours of dealer shop time is the appropriate rate.

you should have stated what you posted above in to the poster first.

and whats wrong with you? i state my opinions yes... but no where did i say "this is fact". i can understand you feeling bad about over paying, but it doesn't have to continue to others.

i am giving the other person the option of asking a tech or 2 at their dealership if they would be willing to do a side job.

i have asked and have 3 who help work on my mbenz for out of warranty and aftermarket parts.
Old 11-24-2007 | 08:43 PM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
What I have observed for the ...

small amount of time I've been on this website is that you either have provided little tidbits of errant information or extremely obvious info that really doesn't contribute much to the thread. Please just fish through your old posts and you'll see what I mean, starting from the comments you've made on the posts I've initiated.

Last edited by wonsuk_utmb; 11-24-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2007 | 12:11 AM

2007 ML 500
small amount of time I've been on this website is that you either have provided little tidbits of errant information or extremely obvious info that really doesn't contribute much to the thread. Please just fish through your old posts and you'll see what I mean, starting from the comments you've made on the posts I've initiated.
lol, geez what did i do? offend you?

i looked through my old post as you requested, and you're right i only see my opinions on subjects that i have an opinion for. i added my 2 cents based on what i know.

by that same token, looking at your post i see nothing new that you contributed either. everything you have posted has been covered before. the fender flares add ons have been done already by sunil (sp?)

and various people have already lowered their ml's with eibach, h&r, and brabus.

all you posted so far is how you overpaid for a spring install all for nothing since your wife doesn't like it. well thats nothing new... for the most part people don't like the added bouncing and rough ride.

so really, what your real issue is how i must have offended you by saying you overpaid for your spring install. and you by your own defintion have posted nothing other than the obvious... ie most girlfriends/wives don't like lowered harsher handling cars.

so if thats the case, no apologies from me. your mistake.
Old 11-25-2007 | 09:52 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
The only reason I did post were for the pictures. So people could actually see the flares on a non ml63 car. Yes sunil did post previously and that's how I got the part number for the part, but even in his installation pictures you never saw the entire car. In terms of you stating that girlfriends/wives don't like lowered harsher handling cars, that's a pretty sexist comment as in the post above by red00lght "I have a lowered Lightning and my wife loves it because it feels more like a car than a truck and it is easier to get into..."

This again verifying that you provide really and truly ungrounded and inane comments.
Old 11-25-2007 | 06:52 PM

E63 AMG, C350, 190e 2.3-16v
Originally Posted by vinceching
ie most girlfriends/wives don't like lowered harsher handling cars.

I must say he did not refer to all women just some. My wife loves her lowered ML and my daughter hates the bumpy ride.
Old 11-25-2007 | 06:55 PM

2007 ML 500
The only reason I did post were for the pictures. So people could actually see the flares on a non ml63 car. Yes sunil did post previously and that's how I got the part number for the part, but even in his installation pictures you never saw the entire car. In terms of you stating that girlfriends/wives don't like lowered harsher handling cars, that's a pretty sexist comment as in the post above by red00lght "I have a lowered Lightning and my wife loves it because it feels more like a car than a truck and it is easier to get into..."

This again verifying that you provide really and truly ungrounded and inane comments.
i said "most" don't like it. that is different from saying "all" get it right before trying to put words in my mouth.

and that isn't considered to be a sexist comment. it is an observation that has been noted on various other forums, and in life. my wife likes the look of a lowered car but not the harsh ride associated with it. it is why i opted for the airmatic suspension

a sexist comment for example would be along the lines of... all females don't like to drive stick shift cars because it requires hand and eye coordination" that is imho considered to be sexist and demeaning.

below are the 2 comments i made... please note the word "most"

"for the most part people don't like the added bouncing and rough ride."
"most girlfriends/wives don't like lowered harsher handling cars"