M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

50000 km in 14 months! A Perfect ML320CDI!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008 | 01:03 PM

From 2006 ML 320 CDI - from 2009 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0 TDI DSG - from 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE
50000 km in 14 months! A Perfect ML320CDI!

Last week my ML 320 CDI reached 50000 km, mainly used in northern Greece, mountains, long trips Greece-Italy, and some many hours in the busy town of Thessaloniki too. Until today I have only put diesel and glass-cleaning water in it. The average consumption shows 12.1 liters/100km overall! In comparison with many other SUV-s in the same category is a pretty good result. But the most important thing is the fact that the car, although was used so hard, oftenly at 170-200 km/hour speed, and did so many kilometers in such a short time, never complained a single problem!

With few words: ML320 CDI = A very very GOOD CAR! At least after a long test like mine's!

I wish to everyone owner of an ML the same!

P.S. Some weeks ago I bought for my wife, and for a second car, a Toyota PRIUS, and i can not but confirm that we are shocked how good, silent, safe, economic and comfortable this car shows to be! For example: I have filled full tank, 45 litres, and did around 150 km, and still the sign shows full tank, not even a 1/10-th less! Another example: made, although in a mountain long trip and oftenly full gas drive, around 850 km alltogether (this was the trip I brought the car from Italy to Greece) with only 42 litres of benzine! Amasing! Something like average 4.8-5 litres/100 km! Unbelievable! We needed this car so we will use better and less in the town the ML, in order to prize it more and preserve it! It is an advice I fully ofer to all of you!

Thanks, and Greetings!

Last edited by dante&david; 01-19-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2008 | 04:31 AM

ML320CDI
Hi

Originally Posted by dante&david
Last week my ML 320 CDI reached 50000 km, mainly used in northern Greece, mountains, long trips Greece-Italy, and some many hours in the busy town of Thessaloniki too. Until today I have only put diesel and glass-cleaning water in it. The average consumption shows 12.1 liters/100km overall! In comparison with many other SUV-s in the same category is a pretty good result. But the most important thing is the fact that the car, although was used so hard, oftenly at 170-200 km/hour speed, and did so many kilometers in such a short time, never complained a single problem!

With few words: ML320 CDI = A very very GOOD CAR! At least after a long test like mine's!

I wish to everyone owner of an ML the same!

P.S. Some weeks ago I bought for my wife, and for a second car, a Toyota PRIUS, and i can not but confirm that we are shocked how good, silent, safe, economic and comfortable this car shows to be! For example: I have filled full tank, 45 litres, and did around 150 km, and still the sign shows full tank, not even a 1/10-th less! Another example: made, although in a mountain long trip and oftenly full gas drive, around 850 km alltogether (this was the trip I brought the car from Italy to Greece) with only 42 litres of benzine! Amasing! Something like average 4.8-5 litres/100 km! Unbelievable! We needed this car so we will use better and less in the town the ML, in order to prize it more and preserve it! It is an advice I fully ofer to all of you!

Thanks, and Greetings!
Hi there!
I live in Thessaloniki my self,orig. from Cyprus.Just on the process of getting my ML320CDI.Had to settle with one from the showroom as ordering one would take ages for delivery.Airmatic not included,i hope i won't regret this dearly as on of the reasons I got tired with my x3 3.0 was its hard suspension,and fuel cons.what to u think?I came accross few massages from you in several forums,one I remember revealing our 3rd world road conditions...he he.
Very pleased to hear your trouble free usage with your ML.Your avarage fuel consumption sounds a little high though?but offcourse 170-200kmh is fast!

Last edited by bazz6; 01-20-2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old 01-20-2008 | 11:33 AM

2010 BMW F10 535i
Wink

You guys are lucky....
The average gas consumption of my ML500 is 17 litter/100kms though.
Old 03-21-2008 | 02:12 AM

ML320CDI
Hello again
Had mine for almost two months,still trying to brake it in,done 1600km and Iam more pleased than I ecxpected.Some issues that worried me before I got the car, that I read in several forums e.g ride quality with 19"rims,transmision harshness, are all gone.
If it interest you at all,I have a couple of COMAND APS for sale,with their anntenas and software(8.0 europe).It might be a better use for you since you travel.Its plug&play very easy to install,and codeing it with "star diagnosis" telling the system what is on the fibre optic bus.I can arrange that for you.Cost 850E.Without fitting it 650E. Regards Paul