M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Thinking about selling my '08 ML320 CDI ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 ML320 CDI Arctic White
Thinking about selling my '08 ML320 CDI ...

For the past couple weeks I have been toying with the idea of selling the ML. It's a great vehicle, don't get me wrong, I just don't need it right now. We both now have work issued cars, so I think I'm going to pass her on.

It is an Arctic White 2008 ML320 CDI
  • 3,900 Miles
  • Macadamia MB-Tex
  • Premium Pkg 1
  • iPod Integration
  • Bluetooth

It is 100% clean. No marks, no dents. Hardly ever driven.

My main focus on posting this thread is to get an idea of what the re-sale figures look like. Both trade-in and private party.

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLE 350 W4, 2016 C 300, 2012 E 350 W4 Lux, 2006 ML 350
Low $40s ??

It's a shame but they loose alot of value off the lot.

I'm sure you payed much more than you'll get for it. Especially from a dealer.

Sounds like a really nice car. Someone would be lucky to grab it.

I would try to keep it.

Weekends... Trips to the mountains, the shore?

You have to compare how much it's worth to what you paid for it (inluding the tax) and see if it was worth owning it for the amount of time you did.

I bet it will probably turn out to be an expensive few months...

Plus you know how much you'll miss her

Don't do it
Old 04-07-2008, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Judging by your description, you most likely paid around $51k (MSRP) for it new. The diesels are not selling right now as most would like due to the price of diesel being so high. That being said, they do tend to carry a better re-sale value than the gasoline models. I would think you could get somewhere around $40-$42k private party sale and somewhere around $36k-$38k trade value. It really all depends on if the dealership you trade it to needs some pre-owned inventory. Good luck with your decision, it does sound like you have a very nice vehicle.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:51 AM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
Judging by your description, you most likely paid around $51k (MSRP) for it new. The diesels are not selling right now as most would like due to the price of diesel being so high. That being said, they do tend to carry a better re-sale value than the gasoline models. I would think you could get somewhere around $40-$42k private party sale and somewhere around $36k-$38k trade value. It really all depends on if the dealership you trade it to needs some pre-owned inventory. Good luck with your decision, it does sound like you have a very nice vehicle.
in chicago its impossible to find a diesel ml under 45k no matter the miles imo the diesels are the ones that will keep the price
Old 04-07-2008, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
^ agreed as far as I know in many/most markets right now...even with diesel prices as high as they are...the ML and GL CDI's are holding their values much better then gasoline versions
Old 04-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Almost a Member!

was this ML a purchase or lease???

if it was a lease.... put it up on leasetrader.com or swapalease.com ..... that way you're only out your down payment ..........

now if you bought it, figure to lose about $8-$10k on a trade-in, because it's gonna be difficult for most people to get financing for that car via private party sale.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
His 2019 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Her's 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Mine BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by audi_guy
in chicago its impossible to find a diesel ml under 45k no matter the miles imo the diesels are the ones that will keep the price
+1, Actually make that most of Illinois. I rarely see CDI's on the lot... And on most online appraisal sites, they show a CDI trade value with those miles of around 48+
Old 05-03-2008, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by 08ML320CDI
For the past couple weeks I have been toying with the idea of selling the ML. It's a great vehicle, don't get me wrong, I just don't need it right now. We both now have work issued cars, so I think I'm going to pass her on.

It is an Arctic White 2008 ML320 CDI
  • 3,900 Miles
  • Macadamia MB-Tex
  • Premium Pkg 1
  • iPod Integration
  • Bluetooth

It is 100% clean. No marks, no dents. Hardly ever driven.

My main focus on posting this thread is to get an idea of what the re-sale figures look like. Both trade-in and private party.

Thanks!
Put another 4,000 miles ASAP then list it on ebay. CDIs are sought after in California and few other states where it is not available as new. Not sure about other states but in California, it has to be used with at least 7500 miles for us to be able to registered it as a used vehicle.

Do a "CDI" search on ebay and you will find many 2007 or 2008 with just over 7500 miles and Buy it now prices are very close to MSRP prices. I have shopped for a pre-owned CDI (E-class) couple years ago and local dealers will ask over MSRP for these used vehicles. And they won't negotiate much because they always sell them within a week or so.

But hurry, we are finally supposed to get the new Bluetec here end of the year. Still not sure though, I have also heard some California emission people are trying to stop the sale "again" for whatever treehugger reason they can come up with this time
Old 05-04-2008, 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
There is an MB dealer salesman on another forum who says that they cannot keep a used CDI on the lot. They are almost always picked up for a premium by exporters to countries where diesels are more highly prized than in the USA.

The 2008 and earlier models will be more desireable to buyers, too. The 2009 BlueTec's require that the AdBlue only be refilled at the dealer. Also, they have no spare tire (the AdBlue tank takes its place) and the tires on the ground are run flats - not on any car I would ever own!
Old 05-04-2008, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by wilfred
Put another 4,000 miles ASAP then list it on ebay. CDIs are sought after in California and few other states where it is not available as new. Not sure about other states but in California, it has to be used with at least 7500 miles for us to be able to registered it as a used vehicle.

Do a "CDI" search on ebay and you will find many 2007 or 2008 with just over 7500 miles and Buy it now prices are very close to MSRP prices. I have shopped for a pre-owned CDI (E-class) couple years ago and local dealers will ask over MSRP for these used vehicles. And they won't negotiate much because they always sell them within a week or so.

But hurry, we are finally supposed to get the new Bluetec here end of the year. Still not sure though, I have also heard some California emission people are trying to stop the sale "again" for whatever treehugger reason they can come up with this time
The E320 BLUETEC Sedan does not meet the emissions requirements of California, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, or Vermont and is not available in these states.

If the E320 Bluetec can't be sold there, its unlikely a much larger, heavier, ML would be. Just a thought.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:52 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
The E320 BLUETEC Sedan does not meet the emissions requirements of California, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, or Vermont and is not available in these states.

If the E320 Bluetec can't be sold there, its unlikely a much larger, heavier, ML would be. Just a thought.
you sure because i have seen plenty at luxury motors

http://www.luxurymotors.com/inv/sear...ype=&keywords=

btw if you havent been to luxury motros you have to go they have the biggest indoor show room i have ever seen
Old 05-07-2008, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by chilledbenz

You can buy one and have it registered here if its more than 6 months old or has mor than 7K mile. This is what a lot of people do. As for me, I bought new and registered at a property I have in AZ.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Almost a Member!

'08 ML320 CDI Arctic White
I sold it to a guy out in California. He owns property in Nevada as well, so he will probably register it there for the time being.

Still have an extra key for it. Is the key worth anything? It sure wasn't cheap to buy new.

If anyone needs an extra key, I have one. So if they are "re-programable" I have no use for it.