M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Why my family will always ride in a Mercedes-Benz!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Thumbs up Why my family will always ride in a Mercedes-Benz!

We bought the ML350 because we felt it was the safest car we could buy for our new baby. Yesterday our 2-year old and I were in a frontal collision involving four vehicles that stopped in the middle of an intersection traveling about 40 mph. The car performed amazing. You could feel during the collision that the car was protecting us. After we came to a stop I looked back at my daughter and she smiled and said “wow, daddy look” and pointed at the hood which was bent back and up. A few seconds after that the Mercedes Benz safety service was asking us if we were ok. They called 911 and a tow-truck for us. I got my daughter out of the car and she pointed at the car and said “mom’s car broken”. My sister-in-law came and picked her up and they went home and played with her cousin. To her it was just a fun ride not a serious accident. Everyone else in the other cars had to go to the hospital. The day after the accident we both woke up to no pain or stiffness from the accident. The damage was $20k and we are buying a new ML.

During a time when it seems that you don’t get what you pay for and things don’t perform as advertised, Mercedes-Benz has gone beyond what I could have ever expected. My family will always ride in a Mercedes-Benz.

Just thought I would share my experience.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1972 280SE 4.5
jd, glad to hear you and your daughter are ok.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by jdjfsu
We bought the ML350 because we felt it was the safest car we could buy for our new baby. Yesterday our 2-year old and I were in a frontal collision involving four vehicles that stopped in the middle of an intersection traveling about 40 mph. The car performed amazing. You could feel during the collision that the car was protecting us. After we came to a stop I looked back at my daughter and she smiled and said “wow, daddy look” and pointed at the hood which was bent back and up. A few seconds after that the Mercedes Benz safety service was asking us if we were ok. They called 911 and a tow-truck for us. I got my daughter out of the car and she pointed at the car and said “mom’s car broken”. My sister-in-law came and picked her up and they went home and played with her cousin. To her it was just a fun ride not a serious accident. Everyone else in the other cars had to go to the hospital. The day after the accident we both woke up to no pain or stiffness from the accident. The damage was $20k and we are buying a new ML.

During a time when it seems that you don’t get what you pay for and things don’t perform as advertised, Mercedes-Benz has gone beyond what I could have ever expected. My family will always ride in a Mercedes-Benz.

Just thought I would share my experience.
First off, very glad everyone was safe!

Second, it might not be such a bad idea to still have you and your daughter checked out by a doctor and/or a chiropractor. It is a good sign that you both were not feeling any pain the next day but even then something might not be right and you may never now it until years down the line. Besides, your insurance should cover any visits so it's better to take care of it now, IMO.

Again, glad to hear things are fine and these cars from what I've read DO perform well in accidents! Love my Benz too!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suzuki Burgman Executive
Originally Posted by Nickerz
First off, very glad everyone was safe!

Second, it might not be such a bad idea to still have you and your daughter checked out by a doctor and/or a chiropractor. It is a good sign that you both were not feeling any pain the next day but even then something might not be right and you may never now it until years down the line. Besides, your insurance should cover any visits so it's better to take care of it now, IMO.

Again, glad to hear things are fine and these cars from what I've read DO perform well in accidents! Love my Benz too!
for sure, i was told by my chiropracter that after every car accident i should wear a neck brace to help the neck heal from the schock as long as i can because if i dont i will regret it later so far no back problems while my friends are expireincing back problems. please take youre daughter to the doc have everything checked up i assume you have insurance so dont say money is problem. i had my first w123 1998 toataled and my w164 2006 in accident 8k in damage i didnt want to live with a car after an accident because the car is never the same sent it to europe after i fixed it and sold it theyre
Old 07-17-2008, 05:56 PM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
Thank God you and your family are safe. MB is probably the safest car around, having witnesseda traffic light accident where two 10 and 12 year old children were squezeed to death in a small old Mazda, I will never let my family travel in any other car.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:58 PM

ML350
Thanks for the replies, I did have my daughter checked out by her doctor and everything is ok.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
His 2019 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Her's 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Mine BMW R1200R
Glad to hear..
For that same reason, EVERYONE in my family also rides in a Mercedes Benz.

Trending Topics

Old 07-18-2008, 12:09 AM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
glad to hear everything is alright! it seems as if you really do get what you pay for in these cars...i will never drive anything else...i honestly wouldnt feel safe and i wouldnt feel right letting my family travel in anything less than a benz....

heres a vid i came across on youtube...it was previously a post but....it is perfect for this thread....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbdH-...eature=related
Old 07-18-2008, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by 4matic
glad to hear everything is alright! it seems as if you really do get what you pay for in these cars...i will never drive anything else...i honestly wouldnt feel safe and i wouldnt feel right letting my family travel in anything less than a benz....

heres a vid i came across on youtube...it was previously a post but....it is perfect for this thread....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbdH-...eature=related
Link not working..
Old 07-18-2008, 11:40 AM

2008 ML550; 2005 SLK55
Glad to hear everyone is ok. Can you post some pics of the damage?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:35 PM

ML350
I didn't take any pictures, I wish I would have but things happened so quick. I have already traded it in on a new white ML350, P2. Love these cars!!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Almost a Member!

how were u able to get such a quick trade-in??? your insurance was quick to settle... that's great

with a 4car pile-up, i wonder what the insurance companies are going to decide on as to who's at fault, especially if you hit the cars that had already stopped/wrecked

glad to hear you and the kid are safe
Old 07-26-2008, 12:44 AM

2005 BMW X5
Cool

Originally Posted by audi_guy
for sure, i was told by my chiropracter that after every car accident i should wear a neck brace to help the neck heal from the schock as long as i can because if i dont i will regret it later
Old 07-26-2008, 02:01 PM

ML350
State Farm did a great job, they oked it to be fixed within 3-days of the accident. The dealer that was repairing it traded it in. Love the new one.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:33 PM

Some pictures of the damage and repair please
Old 07-26-2008, 06:10 PM

r 320cdi
Just glad ur both ok.
Good luck again for trhe future