M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Possible to add rear seat entertainment without pre-wiring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4Runner
Possible to add rear seat entertainment without pre-wiring?

There's a 2009 ML350 optioned exactly the way I want it, but the pre-wiring for rear entertainment is not on the SUV.

My question is how can I add the RSE without the pre-wiring. Should I try to get one with the RSE, pre-wiring, or can I get this done later.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 10:04 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Get it pre-wired, the seats are different too I believe.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Almost a Member!

ML320CDI 2007
I have the rear seat from factory, and its horible; I suggest you go aftermarket; the guys from www.midcityengineering.com have a great system;

The things that suck about the factory system in my 2007 ML
1) The DVD player is under the rear passenger seat; to change a disk you have to pull over and open the door to change it for the kids, if kids are older they may be able to on their own, Dirt can and does get in there also; water damage from kids shoes having snow or rain on them also;
2) with smaller kids, that can not reach the controls or dont know how to use the remote to start thier owns movies will have to get you to do it, which means pulling over again; The factory remote also has a right and left mode, which confuses the younger kids
3) the head set is a wired version;

the mid city kit has tons of things that make it better:
http://www.midcityengineering.com/Specials.htm

steering wheel controls, remote that works from front seat etc; check out there site; They also have some video's there if I recall on the post install showing how the system works.

I want to get one from them, but since I already have the factory one I'm stilling in a holding pattern... but will likely do it in the spring, or the first time the factor one breaks

You can also ask them about the sling box thing they got, the guy was telling me you can use a wireless cell card, and watch TV from your cable connection at home in your ML..

I've done business with the on two other retrofits in my car, and I like dealing with them; if you are seriose about this upgrade, they are well worth looking at for it!

tk

Last edited by tkeskic; 10-24-2008 at 06:16 PM.