M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Merc all-season mats stink, what's better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 ML350
Originally Posted by bruntoj
• a widespread belief that someone or something has a particular habit or characteristic

My experience with my older generation of vehicle/mats was GOOD and I still have to ignore it? The marketing/brand guys from MB will want a word with you.
your own experience demonstrates that that's not always the case. what more is there to say?

live and learn.. or not
Old 05-17-2010, 11:12 AM

ML320 (W163)
If only that were true

Originally Posted by bruntoj
(snip)
My experience with my older generation of vehicle/mats was GOOD and I still have to ignore it? The marketing/brand guys from MB will want a word with you.
Don't ignore anything, but don't assume everything either.

Automotive OEM's are constantly trying to reduce costs, and part of that involves taking chances on the quality and performance of existing parts.
This is true for almost every company from Kia up to Mercedes. We've owned many Mercedes and the cost cutting and quality risks are generally quite evident from one generation to the next. I've been driving BMW 5 series from the very beginning and the same principle applies.

Our W163 winter mats were excellent and I felt no need to get the Weathertech's for the rear. The dealer winter mats for the W164 were about half the size (sq. in.) and were worthless. If they work for you, more power to ya, but that doesn't change the fact that MB cut cost/quality there.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:53 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
just ordered some black cocomats based on this thread. will post feedback when i receive them.