M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Brake Pad Recommendations? 2006 W164

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML350
Arrow Brake Pad Recommendations? 2006 W164

Hey all, I did a search to see if I could find some good suggestions for new pads on my car but came up a bit short-handed. I have 34,000 miles on my ML350. This will be the first brake pad change since purchase.

When I went to a private autoshop that exclusively services MBZ, they looked and said I needed front pads and that the rotors looked perfectly fine.

However, when I went to a MBZ dealership, they looked and found that the REAR pads were worn and the rotors showed a ridge.

I will go to another dealership in town to confirm (best 2/3??) because it's sort of strange that the rear ones would go before the front ones.

In either case, does anyone have a good suggestion for aftermarket pads and/or rotors (if it turns out I need them). Also, please tell me what type you have (ceramic, semi metallic, etc).

Thanks ya'll.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
Originally Posted by birjuh
Hey all, I did a search to see if I could find some good suggestions for new pads on my car but came up a bit short-handed. I have 34,000 miles on my ML350. This will be the first brake pad change since purchase.

When I went to a private autoshop that exclusively services MBZ, they looked and said I needed front pads and that the rotors looked perfectly fine.

However, when I went to a MBZ dealership, they looked and found that the REAR pads were worn and the rotors showed a ridge.

I will go to another dealership in town to confirm (best 2/3??) because it's sort of strange that the rear ones would go before the front ones.

In either case, does anyone have a good suggestion for aftermarket pads and/or rotors (if it turns out I need them). Also, please tell me what type you have (ceramic, semi metallic, etc).

Thanks ya'll.
I´ve been pleased with my EBC redstuff ceramic pads, very little brakedust and good braking ability. Remember to get the belonging EBC brake wear sensors as the original don´t work with the pads.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
Rotex Gold, and the factory wear sensors work just fine with them.