M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

A few simple repetitive questions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 ML350
A few simple repetitive questions!

I bought a 07 ML350 last week and have been researching a few items I would like to purchase but dont feel like dealing with a dealership right a way.
1) I don't have a keyless go button but would like to put one in just don't know were to start and how much of pain it will. I can adjust my windows from the outside with keyfob and do the other jazz it talks about but dont know to much about the keyless go thing to know if it is a simple thing to get or not.
2)Remote start- Does Benz have a OEM set up or is it a subject to just leave a lone.
3)Bluetooth- Seems easy plug in and scan. Does anyone have a recent web site to make sure my blackberry will work so I can make sure to get the right puck?
Thanks for the advance help and look forward to the answers.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by FoxPaw1070
I bought a 07 ML350 last week and have been researching a few items I would like to purchase but dont feel like dealing with a dealership right a way.
1) I don't have a keyless go button but would like to put one in just don't know were to start and how much of pain it will. I can adjust my windows from the outside with keyfob and do the other jazz it talks about but dont know to much about the keyless go thing to know if it is a simple thing to get or not.
2)Remote start- Does Benz have a OEM set up or is it a subject to just leave a lone.
3)Bluetooth- Seems easy plug in and scan. Does anyone have a recent web site to make sure my blackberry will work so I can make sure to get the right puck?
Thanks for the advance help and look forward to the answers.
Keyless go is not a simple deal. I think you wil find that to retrofit it will be financially out of sight if its at all possible
To the best of my knowledge remote start is not available OEM. There are soime aftermarket devices available but here agail from what I have heard few if any have been sucessful and some have even done severe damage to the vehicle.
Bluetooth pucks are available from your dealer to allow you to use a bluetooth phone. The new MLs have this built in and as I recall its standard equipment.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 ML350 4matic
Mid City Engineering makes a remote start that has been raved about. Very pricey, not sure on the exact price.

http://www.smartkeystarter.com/