M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Is my ML350 haunted?? WTF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c240 sedan
Is my ML350 haunted?? WTF

Ok so here is the story. It been raining hard all week in long island from sunday to wendsday all day long.
On tuesday i was driving the car and the SRS light came on. I just got the car three weeks ago, 07 ml350 50k on it.I was like WTF
so i called the dealer to send it back to them. After driving for a while , my back door open automaticly and i
started to lose funtions left and right,.....i thought it was an electrical problem. I had no turning signals,rear camara was not working,
my gas gauge said it was on Empty with the light when i just filled it up, and the light for the doors were on when the
doors were closed. I was so mad. So the next morning i drove the car was not raning and everything was fine except the srs light
so i was sooo pissed off because they dealer could not do anything because everything was back to normal.

what do u think it was? i was thinking some condensation got into the control bos or somehthing. what should i do>?
Old 08-27-2010, 05:30 PM
KA8

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Not sure but it sounds like a nightmare situation. Hope you bought extended warraty on your ml.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by arodracing
Ok so here is the story. It been raining hard all week in long island from sunday to wendsday all day long.
On tuesday i was driving the car and the SRS light came on. I just got the car three weeks ago, 07 ml350 50k on it.I was like WTF
so i called the dealer to send it back to them. After driving for a while , my back door open automaticly and i
started to lose funtions left and right,.....i thought it was an electrical problem. I had no turning signals,rear camara was not working,
my gas gauge said it was on Empty with the light when i just filled it up, and the light for the doors were on when the
doors were closed. I was so mad. So the next morning i drove the car was not raning and everything was fine except the srs light
so i was sooo pissed off because they dealer could not do anything because everything was back to normal.

what do u think it was? i was thinking some condensation got into the control bos or somehthing. what should i do>?
Most likely not condensation. Perhaps water into a connector that was incorrectly installed. However the computer should have stored a fault. Did they interrogate the computer?? You were not clear if it was a Benz dealer or an independent. [I]f it was a Benz dealer the first thing they should have done was to check the computer. If it was an Indy the first thing you should have done was to get the car out of there.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:11 PM

2002 c240 sedan
Originally Posted by sosh
Most likely not condensation. Perhaps water into a connector that was incorrectly installed. However the computer should have stored a fault. Did they interrogate the computer?? You were not clear if it was a Benz dealer or an independent. [I]f it was a Benz dealer the first thing they should have done was to check the computer. If it was an Indy the first thing you should have done was to get the car out of there.
they check the computer and reset the SRS but could not fine anything else
Old 08-28-2010, 10:20 PM

99 - ML320
mine had a water leak from rear door into some computer located in rear right compartment. Fuel gauge was acting up and headlights flashing. Good luck
Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 AM

2002 c240 sedan
Originally Posted by NakaML
mine had a water leak from rear door into some computer located in rear right compartment. Fuel gauge was acting up and headlights flashing. Good luck

where abouts in the rear door? i need to check thatt out.