M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

2010 ML + IPOD Interface issues ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML550, F-350
2010 ML + IPOD Interface issues ?

Hi, I have an 2010 ML550 with P2 package... Lately when I am browsing tracks (or albulms, or Artists for that matter) and I want to jump in the list by starting letter.. the system always show results starting at A

I know this used to work... and I can't seem to pin down when it started failing.. I believe it may be due to an Apple software update or it could be bacause of the number of songs on my IPOD..

My IPOD Touch is a 64GB, running 4.1 software with about 34GB used and 12000 songs.

It still plays fine and the interface allows me to scroll through songs sequentially or mixed.. it just wont let me jump to a specific letter in the list

anyone else having this issue.. if so any suggestions to fix it...

and yes I did try to restore the IPOD to factory and same problem exists.

-Slick
Old 09-20-2010, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 ML550
About two weeks ago, my Mercedes salesman showed me a letter from Mercedes explaining that problems with iPods and iPhones running 4.1 (I believe) were connected to Apple's OS and were nothing to do with Mercedes. The letter says Apple is aware of the problem and Mercedes expects Apple to release a fix.

I forget the exact details, but you may want to check with your dealer/sales person/whoever and see if they have a copy of the letter they could show you/read to you. Failing that, check iTunes to see if there is an OS update.