M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

problems already!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63
problems already!

Just bought a CPO Mercedes AmG ml63 25k miles for $60k They gave me !5k for my trade in so im financing $46k at $759 a month. is that a good price for that car w those miles. car is fully loaded w tv's and every option.

Now for the issues.
week 1
-Weather strippoing/molding on all four door peeling "they replaced"
-big dent pushed in found near drivers door lower part. "they fixed w/o repainting. which is a good thing!

week 2
- idler pulley just seized up needed to be flat bedded from 28miles away $240 from AAA. Car is being fixed as we speak
- Corrossion from the wheels same as other members have mentioned on this forum... https://mbworld.org/forums/ml55-amg-...corrosion.html

-Just found out they sold me the car with new pads but the front rotors were at 33.9mm and the mandatory change out spec # is 33.4mm. thats 4000 of an inch
back rotors were at 24.9mm and the change out spec is 23.4mm
1.5 inches away

The cpo manager already said the brakes were within spec and they were not going to replace as per my service manager, my sales didnt step up to the plate for us and ask so i had to hear that 3rd party
we havent heard back on the wheels as of yet

please tell me if i am correct in the fact that i feel like ive been taken for a ride. This is the socalled #1 Mb dealership in the country
Ther nickel and diming me on this already.
they sold me the car and now its my problem. its been 2 weeks!
please walk me through how i should go about handling this.
i havent even made a payment yet! geez
Old 11-03-2010, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by bobbymatthews
Just bought a CPO Mercedes AmG ml63 25k miles for $60k They gave me !5k for my trade in so im financing $46k at $759 a month. is that a good price for that car w those miles. car is fully loaded w tv's and every option.

Now for the issues.
week 1
-big dent pushed in found near drivers door lower part. "they fixed w/o repainting. which is a good thing!

week 2
- idler pulley just seized up needed to be flat bedded from 28miles away $240 from AAA. Car is being fixed as we speak
- Corrossion from the wheels same as other members have mentioned on this forum... https://mbworld.org/forums/ml55-amg-...corrosion.html

-Just found out they sold me the car with new pads but the front rotors were at 33.9mm and the mandatory change out spec # is 33.4mm. thats 4000 of an inch
1.5 inches away

The cpo manager already said the brakes were within spec and they were not going to replace as per my service manager, my sales didnt step up to the plate for us and ask so i had to hear that 3rd party

please tell me if i am correct in the fact that i feel like ive been taken for a ride. This is the socalled #1 Mb dealership in the country
I honestly can't comment on the car for you being a used AMG but most people (that I know) drive the snot out of their AMGs. This is the number one reason why I would never get a used car. But I deviate... You should definitely go to another dealer. They don't seem to treat you with respect at your current place. If you are having these kinds of problem in your first two weeks your dealership should be bending over backwards for you to help you out. It's rather unprofessional of them IMHO. Check out Rate My Dealer to see if you can find a better one in your area. Sorry to hear about your car problems...
Old 11-03-2010, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320CDI 2008 all options inc air suspension
Originally Posted by bobbymatthews

Now for the issues.
week 1

week 2

1.5 inches away

Since its CPO except for the brakes, but including including your tow bill etc, is under warranty. For the brakes you may be able to take that up with MBUSA since you just got the vehicle and put minimal miles on it.Be polite and have them get in contact with the MBUSA rep if needed.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Kompressor
MM to Inches:
Rotor mics out at 1.335" and minimum is 1.315"? That rotor is just fine.
Rotor mics out at .980" and minimum is .921"? That rotor is in great shape.